GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
Maybe I'm going crazy and it didn't unlock all of the doors. But it still doesn't work to either unlock or lock the doors. I can hear the doors unlock as my hand reaches for the handle, but thats it, don't even have time to touch the hash mark. And there's no way to lock it unless I use the fob.
Yeah your initial account of it is a bit off. The hash mark is lock. The inside of the handle is unlock. Inside of handle twice is unlock whole car.

GenX Retread

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2021 GTI Autobahn
Yeah your initial account of it is a bit off. The hash mark is lock. The inside of the handle is unlock. Inside of handle twice is unlock whole car.
On my '21 I can set all doors or driver's only to unlock with the first remote button press/handle contact.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Hash mark is lock but if you touch the hash mark a second time it unlocks it.

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Does anyone know what the part number is/where I can find the little volkswagen logo from the key fob? Mine fell off last week and I can't seem to find a replacement anywhere.

Attachments

• 20210727_112723.jpg
    20210727_112723.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 40

JSil13

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Is there anything I can do about this corrosion on my car? I know I live in New England and the salt destroys cars, but I don’t remember any of my older cars looking quite this bad. Maybe the previous owner lived by the ocean or something. This is a 2017 that I’ve had for a year.

E2CDFE66-3063-4179-BBCF-5F9BE4E7394E.jpeg

Last edited:

mikednonotthatmiked

Car(s)
2019 GTI SE MT6
I have a 2019 GTI (Mk7.5) with Front Assist. I'm trying to code in the street sign recognition, but I don't seem to have a module A5 (according to OBD11 anyway). I thought that was needed for Front Assist, and all Mk7.5 would have one? Is there any way a fuse could have blown in a way that the module wouldn't show up but I wouldn't see a fault code for it? If not, does anyone know what module would be used for Front Assist on my car?

bobloblawGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE 6MT
I have a 2019 GTI (Mk7.5) with Front Assist. I'm trying to code in the street sign recognition, but I don't seem to have a module A5 (according to OBD11 anyway). I thought that was needed for Front Assist, and all Mk7.5 would have one? Is there any way a fuse could have blown in a way that the module wouldn't show up but I wouldn't see a fault code for it? If not, does anyone know what module would be used for Front Assist on my car?
I don't think the SE front assist works with street sign recognition, pretty sure that's an Autobahn-only feature.

RisingFallens

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI!
What does the different groups of JB4’s mean? I’m going to upgrade my JB1 for a little more power / Bluetooth (if you’re selling one >$350, pm me!)