GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk7 Golf mirror caps with side assist (Arteon style)

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI

ATK

Car(s)
2017 Golf R DSG

quailallstar

WOB DJ496
Car(s)
MY19 MK7.5 GTI Bunny

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
I think they are just golf 7 caps with holes cut in then. Hope the holes are sloppy as hell. You prolly gonna be waiting awhile. Took 3 months for rear door lighting strips

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
I found out something else, just in case someone tries this before me. The golf 7 mirror leds run on 12v. The passat style leds run on 5v.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
I found out something else, just in case someone tries this before me. The golf 7 mirror leds run on 12v. The passat style leds run on 5v.
That was a question I had when this thread first popped up. There was mention of either tapping the existing indicator wiring or just connecting the passat style indicator to the existing leads. At the time it seemed no one knew the spec of the LED's and I would suspect it's even more difficult to find the spec of the LED drivers in the BSM modules.

Carolco

Passed Driver's Ed
Hello.

3GD949145 3GD949146 are 12 volts.

in theory Maybe works with the light in the mirror.

i retrofited the Side Assist in my golf last year and works so fine. Radars are used from another golf of curse

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
Hello.

3GD949145 3GD949146 are 12 volts.

in theory Maybe works with the light in the mirror.

i retrofited the Side Assist in my golf last year and works so fine. Radars are used from another golf of curse
That would make it easier, wouldn't have to have a little board stuffed in the mirror to drop the voltage.

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
Well, i got the mirror covers today. They appear to be golf mirror caps with holes punched in them that fit the LEDs. There is nothing for the LEDs to clip into. The holes are clean cut, so they look good.

Last edited:

ATK

Car(s)
2017 Golf R DSG
Well, i got the mirror covers today. They appear to be golf mirror caps with holes punched in them that fit the LEDs. There is nothing for the LEDs to clip into. The holes are clean cut, so they look good.
Would like to see some detailed pictures of the mirror caps and LEDs. Do they push in from the exterior?

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
Will update tonight with photos.

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
20210824_192841.jpg
20210824_192910.jpg

They look like they are just golf caps with holes punched in them. The holes are cleanly cut, but there is nothing for the leds to mount too. Gonna have to glue some plastic to the cap, and then glue the leds to that plastic

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
Do the LEDs not have friction fit retention clips? Can you show us them?
There isn't anything on either of the caps or the leds to hold them in.