GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk7 Golf mirror caps with side assist (Arteon style)

VAG Parts Bin

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
97 GTI & 17 R
Anyone spot these yet?

https://a.aliexpress.com/_dZqHi8k

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Interesting... so these give you the blind spot indication on the mirror housing instead of just on the mirror glass? Or is it in addition to the mirror glass?

This version would, I assume, be easier to see than the mirror glass indication, and probably visible in your peripheral vision as well. If they weren't chrome I would be tempted.

ssaylor

Passed Driver's Ed
I would imagine the harness connects to the existing BSM connector, both probably light up but I’m okay with abandoning that ridiculously small OEM BSM LED if that’s the way it is. You could always paint them any color needed. Gloss Black in my case. Hmmm.. good find.

Interesting... so these give you the blind spot indication on the mirror housing instead of just on the mirror glass? Or is it in addition to the mirror glass?

This version would, I assume, be easier to see than the mirror glass indication, and probably visible in your peripheral vision as well. If they weren't chrome I would be tempted.

VAG Parts Bin

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
97 GTI & 17 R
I would imagine the harness connects to the existing BSM connector, both probably light up but I’m okay with abandoning that ridiculously small OEM BSM LED if that’s the way it is. You could always paint them any color needed. Gloss Black in my case. Hmmm.. good find.

Looks like the harness is designed to plug into the door module plug/connector.

I found this pic on their website that shows the wiring better:

ssaylor

Passed Driver's Ed
That looks pretty complete. I doubt any coding would be required, probably just hijack the wire meant for the OEM BSM. Okay, who's going to try it first?

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Yea, indicators in the mirrors aren't wired to the door control modules. They are wired through the "door coupling point" on each side, to the blind spot detection module. Based on the colors this is intended to replace the mirror indicators.

I think it's safe to assume the standard indicators are LED but I don't know what type of bulb these are so I wouldn't risk wiring them together with the stock indicators.

ssaylor

Passed Driver's Ed
Where is the blind spot detection module Located? I submitted a request for installation instructions since none were posted.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Both are "in" the rear bumper. The wiring diagrams call them Module 1 and Module 2, I would have to look in Erwin to verify which side is which though.

Edit: Looks like BSM Module 1 -J1086- is on the right and BSM Module 2 -J1087- is on the left.

Last edited:

quailallstar

WOB DJ496
Car(s)
MY19 MK7.5 GTI Bunny
I think these could easily tap into the existing wire feeding the mirror BSM light. Not sure if the internal metal guts of the mirror housing are the same on the Golf vs. Arteon. We need a guinea pig. Looking around Ebay for used Arteon mirrors (without caps) to compare the internals.

ATK

Car(s)
2017 Golf R DSG
I think these could easily tap into the existing wire feeding the mirror BSM light. Not sure if the internal metal guts of the mirror housing are the same on the Golf vs. Arteon. We need a guinea pig. Looking around Ebay for used Arteon mirrors (without caps) to compare the internals.
Already had an Arteon owner (and former MK7 owner) tell me the caps are way different shape and size so I'm not sure the lights would line up properly.