GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk7 Golf mirror caps with side assist (Arteon style)

quailallstar

WOB DJ496
Car(s)
MY19 MK7.5 GTI Bunny
Already had an Arteon owner (and former MK7 owner) tell me the caps are way different shape and size.

Ahh, crud sorry missed that.

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
This is an excellent opportunity for a vendor to step up and make caps with the appropriate cutout.

ecsta

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 R
So if I'm understanding right these don't plug into the module inside the door, they plug into the module at the rear of the car?

When I installed my euro folding mirror the BSM plug was separate and went into the door, wouldn't this be the same?

VAG Parts Bin

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
97 GTI & 17 R
I don't think so. There is no way that the cable shown in the pics is any where near long enough to make it from the door to the rear bumper. It looks like it is long enough to go into the door and connect in there though. Without the seller answering any questions, it's speculation at this point - unless someone takes a leap of faith and grabs a set. :)

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
The cable shown in the pics, based on the colors, would replace the existing 2 wire BSM harness that goes from the mirror to the door disconnect.

Mirror Indicator (standard or this Arteon style one) <---2 Wire BSM harness---> Door Disconnect <---harness to rear of car---> Modules in the rear.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Mine is unread as well, asked if they offered the caps in black... I could of course wrap or paint them but not taking a chance an unresponsive seller that I was trying to buy from.

ATK

Car(s)
2017 Golf R DSG
Mine is unread as well, asked if they offered the caps in black... I could of course wrap or paint them but not taking a chance an unresponsive seller that I was trying to buy from.
I asked the same exact thing. I think I'm going to go for it and attempt to use the chrome caps as a template to cut my gloss black ones. I just wish it wasn't $30 more!

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
I just looked again... And I bought one thing from them about 6 months ago, right before shipping slowed to a crawl because of covid. Had no problem with it but it wasn't something unique to their store so in the future I'll probably buy from another seller.

Reactions: ATK

GolfRRRR1

Go Kart Champion
If someone built a kit for the MK7, I'd be all over it, stock BSM light sucks!

Reactions: ATK