GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 Confessions

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
No but you should see the fuck you letter I wrote to the CEO of Geico. It doesn't make sense to me to pay for a service and get penalized for using it.
Out of curiosity, whats the plan if you get pulled over or in an accident?

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Out of curiosity, whats the plan if you get pulled over or in an accident?
I don't get pulled over, police cars here are only factory tuned and can't catch me. Accident? I've never hit anyone, however I have had people hit me before. I guess if asked for insurance card I was thinking of saying something like car insurance went up to where its grossly unaffordable, so Im holding off until the rates are more acceptable.

All jokes aside, I get pulled over for stupid shit. Pulled up past the stop sign, merging into traffic at the posted speed limit even though technically I was still in the feeder road speed limit? Waiting too long to dim bright lights to oncoming traffic. "Exhibition of acceleration" (I don't understand that one, no law saying how fast you get to speed limit, to my knowledge.) Parked on side of road with no flashers going. As for accidents, that is why I modify my car, so I can avoid less skilled drivers making mistakes.

I do drive my GTI at its potential, but only where road, traffic, and other variables at play deem it prudent and relatively safe to do so. The car is too quick to mess around in traffic congested areas. Even then, when it is safe, its only for a few seconds at time. Hopefully I can finish track prep building and enjoy more, but for now the few seconds I get here and there keep me sane.

-I do have insurance lol, I just put it on a credit card so I would more/less not see how much I had to pay for it. Yea yea I know interest fees blah blah, its on a zero interest/12 months card, so I have until then to pay it off lol.

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
thank god for my tune and upgraded rear sway bar or i'd never have avoided Karen drifting into my lane in her CRV while looking at her phone
I’m going to use your story to show my wife that my 12k in mods have all been in the name of safety. Thanks!

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
thank god for my tune and upgraded rear sway bar or i'd never have avoided Karen drifting into my lane in her CRV while looking at her phone
Karen's are bad here. Worst part is, if you honk at them to make them aware that their phone is distracting them, they get mad at you and road rage??

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Karen's are bad here. Worst part is, if you honk at them to make them aware that their phone is distracting them, they get mad at you and road rage??
I've had this happen a couple of times here as well. I had a younger driver pull out in front of me pretty aggressively, and when I gave her a "WTF are you doing" hand wave, she proceeded to brake check me. It's like, you remember you're the one that messed up, right? I'm not sure what she thought it would do since I was giving her plenty of car lengths gap haha. I really think people sometimes get embarrassed when they make a mistake and their reaction is anger. Good times.

hans611

Lost
Car(s)
'16 Golf R 6MT
Yesterday on the commute back, I hit the soft rev limiter in 3rd gear, by the time I saw the tach and was shifting it was easily 7,400 rpm maybe more... 😱
I have done it maybe half a dozen times at most but this is the first time since I tuned it.... Everything seems fine, I even scanned it and nothing came up, but it was scary.

I was changing lanes and looking at the mirrors and checking over my shoulder, it revs so fast and had the music a bit too loud, I missed it....
Sometimes I use a gear too low and bring the revs too high to be kinder to my clutch :(

hans611

Lost
Car(s)
'16 Golf R 6MT
Its very short.... 3rd gear redline is 85mph, it may have been in 2nd, which redlines at 60mph... not sure anymore

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Golf R manual gearing is dogshit.
It is, I've had several mess with me on the highway, and I just pull away from them and it pisses them off.