GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 Confessions

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Confession. I'm driving around with a broken DP.....flex portion completely separated.....all being held together by friction and pressure LOL

19birel

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 - MK4 - B8.5
Yes performance pack, and also planning on using RBF600. However I'm a little gun-shy on EBC, probably sticking with Hawk for this.
Yeah Hawk will be as good or better than the equivalent EBC i'd imagine. My point was just that for street use I'll think you'll be happy with just pads and fluid (y)

scrllock

Autocross Champion
I stand corrected, not sure where I got the 2k number from. Not a bad pricetag at all, it'll definitely be on my list of to-dos at that price point. BUT first will be pads & fluid, because the fluid should probably get done anyway and well I just want a more capable pad than OEM.
you can get a brand new TTRS setup for 2k, lol. keep an eye out for resales, you can get everything for ~500 I'd bet.

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
I keep looking at it, but ~$2k is hard to swallow at this point. Longer term maybe, but for now I think Hawk HPS (I have HP+ on the AX car and while I love them, I sound like a bus) will fit the bill. Should be suitably grabby and stop well with good fluid, but not as noisy/dusty as the HP+.

We'll see what comes available as time goes on -- I plan to have this car for quite a long time (<-- is that a confession too?).

$2k for a macan setup? Isn't that touted as budget brakes?

Edit: Late to the game... moving along now.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
me too. peer pressure is healthy
dammit community pressure (because y'all are better than peers) is why I have a sweet catted downpipe, snazzy seats, and all the other stuff that IMO kicks the car up to the next level

but thanks, because if I'm gonna buy something I'd rather it be when it's cheaper lol

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I confess,foolishly i did the exact same thing for a few months. Lol I ended up paying for it. The heat from the downpipe literally burnt the cv boot completely off the axle
Daaaaaang! New one is inbound, so I’ll only be driving like this 2 weeks

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
I confess,foolishly i did the exact same thing for a few months. Lol I ended up paying for it. The heat from the downpipe literally burnt the cv boot completely off the axle
dammit now I'm gonna have to check to see if I reinstalled that cover thing or not... for that matter I'm not 100% certain I ever even removed it, lots of stuff in there was a pain to get to. And to top it off, the brackets on the OEM downpipe tried to eat my hand, I got a finger pinched in there and couldn't retrieve it. Ultimately I had to rock the motor to get my hand back, very much not a fun experience.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Confession. I'm driving around with a broken DP.....flex portion completely separated.....all being held together by friction and pressure LOL

How'd that happen? Don't you have Jake's DP?