GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7.5 OEM LED Tails

Joewontwice

I need help, i have oem mk7.5 euro tailights in a mk7 R. I also have dual rear fog lights.I bought a wiring harness from ali express but didn't come with coding instructions. Lights work normally like "plug and play with no coding

Pic of fixed tailight after body shop chopped the plug instead of de pinning

Attachments

• 20240525_195601.jpg
    20240525_195601.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 75

Mazen12

Car(s)
Golf
IMG_2113.jpeg
IMG_1188.jpeg
MK7.5 OEM LED Tails on mk7 halogen

removed my old halogen rear lights (photo - old) and installed a new set of rear lights on my mk7 (photo - new),

the issue I am facing that the brake light isn't going on and off, isntead it goes high and low (as shown in the video).

\*\*the guy who installed them connected the parking lights to the brake lights, so the brake lights would work (he told me otherwise the brake bar won't work).

what I can do so I can separate the brake lights from the parking lights ,and make the brightness level of the parking lights stay the same, and make the brake lights go on/off.

Video showing how lights work:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/5ctwdgyrkx2t5h3/2E8BF26E-DC19-490F-860B-1A292BF6D3A5.mov/file

IMG_2177.jpeg

Mazen12

Car(s)
Golf
View attachment 306279View attachment 306280MK7.5 OEM LED Tails on mk7 halogen

removed my old halogen rear lights (photo - old) and installed a new set of rear lights on my mk7 (photo - new),

the issue I am facing that the brake light isn't going on and off, isntead it goes high and low (as shown in the video).

\*\*the guy who installed them connected the parking lights to the brake lights, so the brake lights would work (he told me otherwise the brake bar won't work).

what I can do so I can separate the brake lights from the parking lights ,and make the brightness level of the parking lights stay the same, and make the brake lights go on/off.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/5ctwdgyrkx2t5h3/2E8BF26E-DC19-490F-860B-1A292BF6D3A5.mov/file

View attachment 306283
@krs help 🥲

pkozlows

Alright lads, I have officially exhausted all of my options. Long story short I have decided to get 5G1052200C with these part no. 5G0945207G, 5G0945208G, 5G0945307P, 5G0945308P. The Instructions were very simple, route additional blue/yellow cables to LH outer and inner lights as well as white/yellow to the right RH outer and RH inner ones. Then additional cable to the BCM, connector C (Pin6) + swap pin 3 with pin 9 and vice versa. Where I have an issue is BCM Pin 6 as it is taken by white cable already. Not to mention that Pin 9 is extremely short and hard to repin to pin3. My logic tells me I have enough cables going into my tails harness plus additional new cables to make it work but I am missing something. I have done some coding and was able to get my positioning lights up and running however RHS outer and inner turns off out of nowhere randomly. It might stay for 10min it might stay for 60s. Weird. I have all the screenshots of my coding changes so I can revert back to original. I should have mention my car is UK golf R 2014 that came with LED lights already (old R type). What is also confusing to me is that on the diagram as well as my instruction it appears like two cables colours on both inner lights are different. LH inner light pin 8 is black and white instead of black and green and RH inner light pin 8 is black and green instead of black and white. Nothing is properly working with them lights and it is too many things to name them all. Messing with coding helped a bit but it is far from working properly.
Some user here had already the same issue however he never shared how he got around it. I would very much appreciated all the help and advice.

1719078706204.png

1719078802794.jpeg

1719078855778.jpeg

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Looks like you are almost there. Here are some comments and an attached DIY for your RHD MK7 w/ factory fitted LED tails.
1719222959307.png

1. Wiring looks alright to me on Inner-Left and Inner-Right
2. You won't need the Grey/Black wire anymore if you ran the yellow wire to the BCM and connected it to Plug C Pin 6. The white wire that is currently in there connects in the hatch grommet area to both (currently unused) Grey/Black wires.
3. No need to swap C3 and C9 on your car! Since it was used as a turn signal from the factory it is in the right spot already. MK7.5 cars with standard tails have Leuchte16/17 swapped from the factory. Maybe some eng at VW knows why...
4. Looking at your pics the blue color of the Inner-Right (your driver side) tail light plug tells me that you won't have a rear fog light in your RHD config. In order to get one you have to exchange the tail light to one with a green plug, if necessary for MOT.
GL

Attachments

• 20240624_W-C_DIY_70RL-75RD_RHD.pdf
    686.8 KB · Views: 51

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
View attachment 306279View attachment 306280MK7.5 OEM LED Tails on mk7 halogen

View attachment 306283
You need to attach the outer parking lights to the inner parking lights on each side (Pin4 Inner to Pin4 Outer). Then code Leuchte20 and Leuchte21 purely as brake lights.

pkozlows

Looks like you are almost there. Here are some comments and an attached DIY for your RHD MK7 w/ factory fitted LED tails.
View attachment 306608
1. Wiring looks alright to me on Inner-Left and Inner-Right
2. You won't need the Grey/Black wire anymore if you ran the yellow wire to the BCM and connected it to Plug C Pin 6. The white wire that is currently in there connects in the hatch grommet area to both (currently unused) Grey/Black wires.
3. No need to swap C3 and C9 on your car! Since it was used as a turn signal from the factory it is in the right spot already. MK7.5 cars with standard tails have Leuchte16/17 swapped from the factory. Maybe some eng at VW knows why...
4. Looking at your pics the blue color of the Inner-Right (your driver side) tail light plug tells me that you won't have a rear fog light in your RHD config. In order to get one you have to exchange the tail light to one with a green plug, if necessary for MOT.
GL

First thing first, you sir are an absolute legend. Thank you for addressing this. I have two more question and I hope this will be the end of it.

1. I ran the yellow cable to the BMC pin 6 but the pin is taken by another white cable. Could I use the grey/black cables instead (if so how do I do this?) or do I splice the BMC pin 6 cable and connect the yellow wire that way to pin 6?
2. If my understanding is correct the fog light is present in the inner-left (bi-color) tail light because these are LHD. Could I extend the yellow/white cable from inner-right and have it in the pin 7 (inner-left) as if it was LHD set up. This is Ireland, as long as they see a working fog light they won't care which tail light has it. Or could I use unused grey/black cable in pin 7 (as it powers the fog light) and just change the coding? Atm when I use pin 7 with grey/black the fog stays on constantly so my logic tells me it is a coding issue.

Mazen12

Car(s)
Golf
You need to attach the outer parking lights to the inner parking lights on each side (Pin4 Inner to Pin4 Outer). Then code Leuchte20 and Leuchte21 purely as brake lights.

Thank you so much, just talked with my friend who has a vcds laptop and will give that a try on Friday.
- Is there a harness or something extra needed or everything can be done with this plug (photo attached)
- After I run the cable to the inner parking light any harness needed? (from the inner tail light side)
-
1719334577245.jpeg

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
First thing first, you sir are an absolute legend. Thank you for addressing this. I have two more question and I hope this will be the end of it.

1. I ran the yellow cable to the BMC pin 6 but the pin is taken by another white cable. Could I use the grey/black cables instead (if so how do I do this?) or do I splice the BMC pin 6 cable and connect the yellow wire that way to pin 6?
2. If my understanding is correct the fog light is present in the inner-left (bi-color) tail light because these are LHD. Could I extend the yellow/white cable from inner-right and have it in the pin 7 (inner-left) as if it was LHD set up. This is Ireland, as long as they see a working fog light they won't care which tail light has it. Or could I use unused grey/black cable in pin 7 (as it powers the fog light) and just change the coding? Atm when I use pin 7 with grey/black the fog stays on constantly so my logic tells me it is a coding issue.
1. Since you have run the yellow wire through the car already, just unplug the white wire in BCM C6 and plug the yellow wire into it. W/o the yellow wire you could leave the white wire in, push both grey/black wires on the inner tails into Pin1. Then somehow connect Pin1 outer tails to the inner tails. Same effect.
2. Just extend the white/yellow wire from your driver side to the left side and plug it into Pin7 of inner-left. Then you’ll have a working rear fog light. You could use the unused grey/black wire but then it has go into a different BCM connector Pin since you use C6 for Common 12V already.

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Thank you so much, just talked with my friend who has a vcds laptop and will give that a try on Friday.
- Is there a harness or something extra needed or everything can be done with this plug (photo attached)
- After I run the cable to the inner parking light any harness needed? (from the inner tail light side)
-
View attachment 306663
You need the 8pin plugs for the MK7.5 tails. I can’t draw a schematic now, maybe I’ll have time until Friday.

Mazen12

Car(s)
Golf
You need the 8pin plugs for the MK7.5 tails. I can’t draw a schematic now, maybe I’ll have time until Friday.
I have these already connected to the outer tail lights
1719384301421.jpeg

And I have like this harness (2 pieces)
1719384378547.jpeg

1719384406441.jpeg

Is there anything extra I do need? (Harness or adapter)
Or with these things it should be a plug n play (after running the cable of course)
The setup should be like this Connect the harness I attached up to inner tail light and the cable I will run should connect to the yellow cable with green cover, and in the outer tail light the extra cable should connect to the empty pin in the outer taillight connector and some programming. And it will be done.
Please let me know if am correct. 🙏

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Unfortunately I don't exactly know how the wiring was done so far. But here is how it should look like.
1719417167240.png

Please find the attached pdf with the mating coding instructions. Again, this is for a ROW MK7 w/ Halogen tails, and ROW MK7.5 Standard tails (factory non dynamic) are the new once.
GL

Attachments

• 20240626_70RH75RL.pdf
    673.5 KB · Views: 36