GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mid Life GTI Journey

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
Looks good! Where did you get the TCR spoiler from?
A member on here. They were going a different route when I was in the market.
5EBE1835-471D-42F7-A51C-6C8554045EAD.jpeg
174BBB36-AFAB-4547-BB99-F42882DF2717.jpeg

Last edited:

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
Neuspeed RSB and power module install should be getting done in the morning.
62241A0E-4006-445A-81A5-FB7DCC3F58DF.jpeg
Still have 58k mi and 2 years left on my factory warranty and wanted to play it safe.

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
So I had a few free minutes this afternoon and installed the power module. Definite increase in fun factor. Only thing is, traction is even more of an issue. I’ll be installing a BFI stage1 dogbone insert in the morning. I went from Hankook Ventus to Firehawk Indy 500 on the new RSe10s and I’m breaking traction in 2nd gear around 4-5k.

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
The BFI stage 1 dogbone insert helped quite a bit with traction. Super easy install since I was fortunate to have use of a lift. Only the slightest bit of NVH at idle.
Also installed a Neuspeed RSB with Moog end links. No complaints with the install and no new noises.
Tint in 2 weeks and I think I’m going to chill out for a while.

Silkblue16

Passed Driver's Ed
(y) Looks great!

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
So I’ve had the Neuspeed Power Module on the gti for a few weeks. I got it because I didn’t want to void the warranty. It’s noticeable but I want my car to make me say, holy shit that’s quick. The NPM doesn’t do that. When I first came on this website I thought APR was the go to. The more I hear about EQT the more I’m tempted. I know a new clutch is going to be soon after if I go this route but I really want to enjoy this car to it’s fullest potential.

Tell me why I should tune my car with 15k on the odometer.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
So I’ve had the Neuspeed Power Module on the gti for a few weeks. I got it because I didn’t want to void the warranty. It’s noticeable but I want my car to make me say, holy shit that’s quick. The NPM doesn’t do that. When I first came on this website I thought APR was the go to. The more I hear about EQT the more I’m tempted. I know a new clutch is going to be soon after if I go this route but I really want to enjoy this car to it’s fullest potential.

Depending on what your standard of “holychit, that’s fast” even a dialed stage 2 car won’t do that.

But if you want to keep holding the security blanket, a well sorted jb4 on a specific map 6 setup
Will be much faster than the NPM

Luva

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI SE

I went a whole 2k on the odometer before going EQT stage 1. Will it make a night and day difference in the way of performance? Absolutely! Will it void the engine part of your warranty if something were to happen? Probably, but worth the risk for me. I have a fair amount of faith that the EA888 engine is overbuilt and that she can easily handle a well-sorted stage 1 tune.

I'm not going to tell you what to do when it comes to getting a tune, but rather to remind you of the overused phrase, "you have to pay to play". It's a simple risk to reward calculation that YOU have to make for yourself. Good luck, no matter what direction you go.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Confidence boost

Bad influence

I’ll second that JB4 will be night & day better than NPM, but it all comes down to how much the warranty really matters to you if a real tune or Jb4 is the correct option so just be honest with yourself.

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
I like taking the guess work out of a tune and going with the EQT. I did some research on the JB4 but wasn’t willing to attempt to learn to tune on a nearly new car.
GTI Jake, I’ve watched both those videos. They may be what got be started down the rabbit hole.
I also still have a stock clutch so not sure how long that would last. A 500 mi break in period would be tough with the tune already installed. I was going to spend my Dogecoin earnings on something GTI related so that’s were this all came from.

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
Not sure if EQT posted their sale on here but staged tubes are $50 for Memorial Day sale.
I pulled the trigger on a stage 1 93 octane tune. I was looking at stage 2 but I know I’ll need a clutch soon so I plan on upgrading to a SB stage 2 daily this summer.
Downpipe and fmic will have to wait. I’m looking at Baun Performance for those items.
The NPM will be up for sale soon if anyone wants one. $200 seems to be the going rate.

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
First I’m hearing of it. Is it only for the staged tunes? Got a link to the Sale announcement?
It was on their FB page. You won’t see the option for the sale until checkout. It’s essentially $50 off the already discounted staged tunes. Not sure if they have anything for custom tunes going on as well.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
It was on their FB page. You won’t see the option for the sale until checkout. It’s essentially $50 off the already discounted staged tunes. Not sure if they have anything for custom tunes going on as well.
That's a weird sale. If the person has gone as far as the checkout why give them $50 off of something they were going to buy anyway. You would think the sale would show up before checkout to entice someone to buy.