GOLFMKV

***MAPerformance MK7 GTI Catted/Catless Downpipe Group Buy!***

Status
Not open for further replies.

SugarMouth

Drag Race Newbie
Why would they even get rid of it?

On their website:

"Maperformance MK7 Downpipe's no longer encompass's the rear engine bracket to improve ease of installation and due to bracket location differing on some models of MK7'S."

Here are a few who still offer the mount:

42 draft
Neuspeed
Invidia
HPA
Milltek
Raceline
Leyo

cW6mT mKviGTi

Ready to race!
Add Eurocode to the list of downpipes that contain the mount.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion

BananaSlug

Ready to race!
Has anyone with the GESI cat popped an emmissions CEL?

I had it installed for 2 weeks before going Stage 2 and no CEL.

miked617

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
21 VW GTI
Am i shooting myself in the foot by running this DP without an intercooler? Car is jb4 on map 2. I guess id be ok if i dont push it when iats are high no?

cW6mT mKviGTi

Ready to race!
Am i shooting myself in the foot by running this DP without an intercooler? Car is jb4 on map 2. I guess id be ok if i dont push it when iats are high no?
Hey Mike, I've had my JB4 on my mk7 for about 1500 miles. I'm running a catless downpipe as the only mod and the car has been flawless so far on map2.

I'm not sure what will happen as the weather warms up but I'm pretty sure the JB4 will pull timing accordingly for when IATs arent what they should be.

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion

You're fine unless your IATs are over 80 and your doing back to back pulls

miked617

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
21 VW GTI
Hey Mike, I've had my JB4 on my mk7 for about 1500 miles. I'm running a catless downpipe as the only mod and the car has been flawless so far on map2.

I'm not sure what will happen as the weather warms up but I'm pretty sure the JB4 will pull timing accordingly for when IATs arent what they should be.

You're fine unless your IATs are over 80 and your doing back to back pulls
Makes perfect sense. Thanks guys!

scrapin240

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf
Switching the DP won't solve anything.
Before spending money you can try a few things:

-get rid of heatshield above muffler
-check DP and exhaust fitment
-last resort sell the touring resonator for track ($$$). Use $$$ to buy a larger resonator and have that put in.

Got a chance to install the MAP DP catted/resonated, the revised one without upper mounting bracket (thankfully they removed it). Definitely took away some of the drone issues.

The MAP DP does not fit as well as the APR, the major issue seems to be the mounting point is a little higher, so the "arms" of the mount are at the top of the bracket, rather than in the middle. It seems to be pulling the red bushings to the top. other than that, a well made piece.

-Dutch-

Drag Race Newbie
Whats the difference between the GESI catted DP and the regular catted DP?
GESI (probably) won't pop a CEL and regular probably will without a spacer, but both should help avoid smell and terrible emissions.

Status
Not open for further replies.