GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Low profile floor jacks

Mk_GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
My old faithful 3-Ton floor jack doesn't fit under the Golf R and it's probably 25 years old anyways. Time to replace it with a new one.

The aluminum ones seem like a good idea for portability.

Quite a few choices out there and this is not a purchase I take lightly. Which one do you recommend?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
yo

Ridebjj

Autocross Champion
For pads to protect the pinch welds, if you're planning on going that route, you can get some hockey pucks and cut some grooves in them. Instead of $12 or whatever they cost for the ready made ones, pucks are like $2.

This ghetto car repair tip brought to you by a cheap bastard.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
Daytona ftw
IMG_20200501_121848_713.jpg

odessa.filez

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
I have the HF 2 ton, but only for about 3 months. So far it's great. It's nice to wheel around 38 lbs vs my previous 95 lb Arcan XL (also a great jack). The light weight makes it easy to load in the car for motorsport events.

Notable downside is lift height of 17". It's fine for getting the car up on 3 ton jack stands but I'll have to improvise something to get it up on 6 ton stands when the need arises.

mr wrong

Drag Racing Champion

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
I got an old(ish) Arcan jack from my dad that has been holding up well. It's low enough to slide underneath the front bumper but if you're trying to raise it from the subframe you have to jack up a rear pinchweld, which will also lift up the front wheel, then place a stand under the front pinchweld at lowest setting, and then jack up the subframe from the front

If I didn't already have a jack, that Powerbuilt one w/ the stands that the last poster linked looks very nice and convenient

And of course the quickjack option is the best if you don't mind spending the extra $

Last edited:

wasbaggedonce

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GLI Autobahn
This thread is gonna make me stop at Harbor Freight tomorrow for one of those Daytonas..