GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Low profile floor jacks

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Scooty Puff Jr
A little 2x10 action to drive the car up on to grant ample room, and the aforementioned Long Reach/Low Profile Daytona jack is what I do. I jack up from the subframe, and I've been very pleased with the Daytona. Coupons came around from time to time on the Daytona jacks, I also have my old Pittsburgh jack around for situations where I need to apply pressure/lift something heavy into place, but the Daytona has been my workhorse and has been good to me.

For jackstands, I like sets that ratchet and have the locking pin -- just a little extra peace of mind. I got a set from Chicago Pneumatic on Amazon, the feet have a little welded pad on them to keep them from sinking into your driveway. A pair of 3T were ~$55 IIRC. More than I paid for my older-than-dirt HF jack stands but in the grand scheme of things, a quality set of jackstands is worth the money in comparison to if something were to go wrong.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Harbor freight was sued by snap-on for copying this jack. This is a good one. I use one from autozone but was purchased in a late-night car emergency so i'd probably spring for the Daytona one if i had to buy another

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Scooty Puff Jr
Harbor freight was sued by snap-on for copying this jack. This is a good one. I use one from autozone but was purchased in a late-night car emergency so i'd probably spring for the Daytona one if i had to buy another
Specifically, they were sued over the *Yellow* one, which is admittedly a very visually-similar item to the jack Snap-On sells. The other Daytona jacks were not involved, and are not (at this time) available in Yellow.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
yo

They settled out of court years ago, but here's an interesting tidbit from the lawsuit:

"Harbor Freight also alleged Snap-on’s jacks were made in the same factory as the Harbor Freight ones and the company’s business model is what caused a higher price."

Take what you will from that lol.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
here’s my LiftMaster... pleased so far
DE05F1FD-CCEE-44C9-8B99-36446616EF99.jpeg