GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Low boost

uberpolka

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI
What changes did Frank make to the tune to eliminate the EPC ?

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Try this with vcds. Find these 3 items to log:

acknowledgement 2.144V
for lo 3.862V
for up 0.8672V

image by Diggs24, on Flickr

That is the upper and lower positions for the WG (basically fully open and close) and resting position. Have those shown and run this test POSITION TEST OF END STOPS:

video
https://www.flickr.com/photos/98218625@N04/27404871898/

Ignore the values I am looking at as they aren't the upper and lower (and it fails the test too).

Actually, if you look at acknowledgement while it runs the test you can see my upper and lower before I got the voltage right (3.398 and 0.54ish). Those do not pass. As you can see your lower is 3.62V. That is not low enough. Should be closer to 3.8ish I think.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Yes I have. Most of my other logs I start the log at around 3250rpm’s. No changes in the way it’s acting though.

Frank Mabo has actually given me a new file that eliminates the EPC code, so it doesn’t come on with the file I’m running, but with any of his other files, the EPC does trigger on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How does that solve anything though.....

littco

Ready to race!
hmmm.

WOT=close WG
Why would rpm matter on whether or not it could close the WG? At lower rpm there should be less gasses flowing so should be easier to close? Higher combustion pressure?

I'm starting to wonder, while the IS20 WG is a bitch to set, no one has issues with them? So far , ALL the people with BT WG issues have some sort of IS38 WG (OEM or Mamba).

Also, I recently found that they started using the IS20 WG on some IS38s. I wonder if the shorter rod on IS38 WG actuator has an impact on WG travel? Just spitballing here.....

I've run the is38 actuators and a6 ones on gtis with no issues but I recommend people use the is20 ones if they have them as they seem alot less hassle to set up initially.

I think alot of issues come from not setting them up correctly and adapting them properly.

The issue here of being "stuck" is a very different issue to what others see.

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie
hmmm.

WOT=close WG
Why would rpm matter on whether or not it could close the WG? At lower rpm there should be less gasses flowing so should be easier to close? Higher combustion pressure?

I have no idea is just for me this eliminates my issue. I can intermittently get the epc not only at WOT but with moderate throttle when under 3k. Maybe sticky flapper arm? I'm pretty sure I've set up the voltage correctly but who knows.

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
hmmm.

WOT=close WG

I'm starting to wonder, while the IS20 WG is a bitch to set, no one has issues with them? So far , ALL the people with BT WG issues have some sort of IS38 WG (OEM or Mamba).

Also, I recently found that they started using the IS20 WG on some IS38s. I wonder if the shorter rod on IS38 WG actuator has an impact on WG travel? Just spitballing here.....

Correct, had someone asking me about using their WG they pulled off their mk7.5 R on an aftermarket turbo and couldn't get it to past adaption.
Turns out his R came with the rubber boot style IS20 WG instead of the metal boot style one used in APR's video.

So all new people be aware of the different versions out there.

myblueGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
What changes did Frank make to the tune to eliminate the EPC ?

I have no clue, but he did somehow. It was nice because I had a 4 hour drive that I made for Spring Break and it was nice not having the EPC light on during the trip, even though the car runs exactly the same. Crazy thing is the car does run fine, but it just won't boost. I even got 37mpg's on my trip (doing the math on the calculator), cruising at 80-85mph, which blew me away with how the car is running. Just isn't that fast.

myblueGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Try this with vcds. Find these 3 items to log:

acknowledgement 2.144V
for lo 3.862V
for up 0.8672V

image by Diggs24, on Flickr

That is the upper and lower positions for the WG (basically fully open and close) and resting position. Have those shown and run this test POSITION TEST OF END STOPS:

video
https://www.flickr.com/photos/98218625@N04/27404871898/

Ignore the values I am looking at as they aren't the upper and lower (and it fails the test too).

Actually, if you look at acknowledgement while it runs the test you can see my upper and lower before I got the voltage right (3.398 and 0.54ish). Those do not pass. As you can see your lower is 3.62V. That is not low enough. Should be closer to 3.8ish I think.

Ok I will do that. I know how to find these things you mentioned, but I log using Eurodyne's software, so my question to you is, once I select these three values, how do I go about logging using VCDS? Could you write me a step by step how to please? Or do I just go into advanced measuring values, click these three values, and then hit log? Is it that simple? Also If my lower isn't low enough (3.62V's) then how do I get it closer to 3.8'ish? Do I adjust my voltage acknowledgment higher or lower (if 3.5v now, do I adjust it to 3.3v or higher to like 3.7-3.8V)?

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Ok I will do that. I know how to find these things you mentioned, but I log using Eurodynes software, so my question to you is, once I select these three values, how do I go about logging using VCDS? Could you write me a step by step how to please?

Sorry, no need to log. What I mean is run the test and tell us what those 3 voltages are when it's done.

myblueGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Eurodyne is no longer in the picture. All VCDS now.

That's good to know. I sucks using Eurodyne, especially since you need to have internet access to use their program and log or do anything with it. VCDS seems like its the better way and you don't have to have internet to use it.