GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Low boost

Blueballs

Go Kart Newbie
Wow, this thread was a Rollercoaster.

Am I right that in the end, both guys with the eqts same issues had the same reason? They both had bent their actuator arms?

The big takeaway for anyone is, if you're a broke ass student with only one car, you can't afford to do mods. Period. Doubly so if you're a combative little dumbass.

I will say this:I had a decent paying job when I bought my GTI new in ‘17, and all the mods I did to the car were done when I had that job. When I was working at that job, I had zero intentions of going back to school. I’m a 38 year old man. But circumstances happened, and I decided that I wanted to pursue my dream goal of becoming a Nurse, and eventually becoming a Nurse Anesthetist (of which the pay for that would be over 4x of what I was making at my current job). So I made the choice to quit my job (as I had a lot of money saved up and did not have to work while I went back to school) and go back to school full-time to pursue my career goals. During that time is when I started having these issues, and the money I had saved up was not money I wanted to spend on my car. It was meant for school and living expenses. So that’s why I kept referring to myself as a “poor college student”.

Since this all happened and the issue was solved, I have been able to have other jobs to help support myself just fine. As far as modding my car since Iquit my job and went back to school, I have not done anything outside ofvery inexpensive mods (such as back panel car wrapping), and little aesthetic things like that, but I have not spent any money on turbo upgrades or anything like that. The only things I have spent money on are for things that have needed to get replaced (such as this turbo boost failure or a new clutch that I need to get soon). I am considering getting a Wavetrack LSD (I have an S model that only came with an open diff) solely for the reason as having that will save me money on buying tires in the future (I go through tires very frequent due to only having 1 wheel getting traction)(tires are expensive).

So me being a “poor college student” isn’t anything bad. I made a choice to further expand my learning and career opportunities. It was 100% the best choice I could have made. Straight A student for 2 years straight, honor role, as a pre-med health science major. During this thread I was very frustrated with the poor customer service, and knowledgeability of certain people that I was trying to put my trust into. Being thrown around for months, telling me to do something, which cost me more money, finding out the things I was spending money on due to being asked to do so by the “professsionals” was not the issue, was very frustrating. Having to spend the money I had that wasn’t meant to be used for it, got frustrating. If the money was being well spent toactually fix the problem(s), I would have had zero problems with. But it wasn’t, and it got old really fast. And like others have said, I wasn’t the only one who was having the same problems, and being told to do things unrelated to the problems (that we eventually found out). I fully understand that you have to “pay to play”, but I just wanted to give the background I gave to maybe clarify the situation I was in.