GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Low boost

Blueballs

Go Kart Newbie
Blueballs,
I have an EQT turbo and am having similar issues. I'm being tuned by ED@EQT, yet haven't been able to run my newest revision due to the EPC. Mine is kicking on right when I get to 3,000rpms. I thought maybe my IS38 actuator was going bad because the code is for "Turbocharger module A control". I got it to work briefly set to 3.8, but it didn't last long until I got another EPC. I know exactly the lag you're speaking of. For me, when I went WOT, it was like my car was asking, "you sure you want to go? Absolutely sure? Give you another sec to think about it, answer still yes? Ok, I guess I'll go now...). So because of that, I bought a MAMBA actuator and actually installed it today. Like the IS38 actuator, the new one was set to 3.5 and adaption passed. Did a little prayer and did a test drive. Got passed 3,000rpms and thought "yes, it worked!" only to look down and see that it lit up again. I've adjusted the wastegate so many times on both actuators that I've lost count. Looked at everything I possibly could look at and everything seems legit. No leaks of any sort, nothing touching the actuator, adaption passes from 3.2-3.8 and have adjusted the initial wastegate flapper from just barely touching to holy shit that's tight. Nothing is working for me.

Sounds like you’re experiencing exactly the same thing I am. I have the Mamba actuator installed as well. How does the car react at 3.8v’s vs. 3.5v’s? Have you checked your DV? Turbo inlet pipe? I ordered both and hopefully no it fixes it.

I came across this guy who seemed to have very similar issues and he replaced his DV and it fixed it:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blueballs

Go Kart Newbie
Do you guys have the 'Direct Acceleration' tweak done on your cars? If yes, try setting it back to the stock setting of 'incremental over time' or whatever it is. This seemed to cure my EPC woes (knocking on wood), along with smoothing out the part throttle shifting.

I do not. Is that done through VCDS?

uberpolka

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI

littco

Ready to race!
Yes it passed adaptation.

I’ll check the voltage at idle and position of wastegate flapper when I’m On position. I posted logs if you could check those out. In meantime this is the code I keep getting:

This shows the actuator is trying to open to 100% but is only able to open to 76% and thus stuck.

What type of extensions are you using to make the mamba actuator fit?

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion
I would try switching back to the stock DV first

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie
Out of curiosity have you ever tried doing a pull where you are past 3k rpm before going WOT to see if you still get the EPC. I have tomioka which is manufactured by same folks as the EQT and have had the intermittent P00AF EPC ever since the turbo was installed which was a year ago. I can 100% avoid it by making sure I'm past 3k rpm before giving moderate throttle which is good for the motor anyways.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
hmmm.

WOT=close WG
Why would rpm matter on whether or not it could close the WG? At lower rpm there should be less gasses flowing so should be easier to close? Higher combustion pressure?

I'm starting to wonder, while the IS20 WG is a bitch to set, no one has issues with them? So far , ALL the people with BT WG issues have some sort of IS38 WG (OEM or Mamba).

Also, I recently found that they started using the IS20 WG on some IS38s. I wonder if the shorter rod on IS38 WG actuator has an impact on WG travel? Just spitballing here.....

Blueballs

Go Kart Newbie
This shows the actuator is trying to open to 100% but is only able to open to 76% and thus stuck.

What type of extensions are you using to make the mamba actuator fit?

Just the extension that they included with their kit. Do you think I should try a different voltage?

Blueballs

Go Kart Newbie
It's not a DV problem, but that's $0 to swap out if you have the stock one.

Look at actuator setpoint and actual. It can't hit what is being requested.

Yes, please put on datazap. We don't need all of the logs, just one so we can reference accelerator to wastegate.

I will do this and then post

Blueballs

Go Kart Newbie
Out of curiosity have you ever tried doing a pull where you are past 3k rpm before going WOT to see if you still get the EPC. I have tomioka which is manufactured by same folks as the EQT and have had the intermittent P00AF EPC ever since the turbo was installed which was a year ago. I can 100% avoid it by making sure I'm past 3k rpm before giving moderate throttle which is good for the motor anyways.

Yes I have. Most of my other logs I start the log at around 3250rpm’s. No changes in the way it’s acting though.

Frank Mabo has actually given me a new file that eliminates the EPC code, so it doesn’t come on with the file I’m running, but with any of his other files, the EPC does trigger on.