GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Let's talk jacking points and jack stands...again

LA KINGS

Passed Driver's Ed
I installed the audi jack kit today that I ordered from e-acca. really easy install but my question is, why does the socket cap that fits over the rubber socket adapter have such a strange shape? is there something i'm supposed to put on my jack to slide into that spot to jack it up from there? i tried jacking it up from that spot and it didn't fit the head of the jack very well at all.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Am I too late to say the factory jacking area the triangles on the car point to do not go the full length of the car? But they're long enough to get a floor jack and a jack stand on, especially if your jack has a small saddle. Note to everyone: always have a second jack handy. If your floor jack blows a piston or cylinder seal, how will you get your car down? Since the R doesn't come with a scissors jack I bough one at Walmart, as a just in case jack, plus I use it on the side I'm not leaving the floor jack on. Doesn't hurt to have both a jack and a jack stand on both sides, especially if you're under the car. If the welds on one of your jack stand fails, you probably won't be around to sue.

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
Am I too late to say the factory jacking area the triangles on the car point to do not go the full length of the car? But they're long enough to get a floor jack and a jack stand on, especially if your jack has a small saddle. Note to everyone: always have a second jack handy. If your floor jack blows a piston or cylinder seal, how will you get your car down? Since the R doesn't come with a scissors jack I bough one at Walmart, as a just in case jack, plus I use it on the side I'm not leaving the floor jack on. Doesn't hurt to have both a jack and a jack stand on both sides, especially if you're under the car. If the welds on one of your jack stand fails, you probably won't be around to sue.

Dead lift ez clap.