GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Let's see how long my stock motor puts up with this nonsense...

billbadass

Drag Racing Champion
It'll be fine for a long time.

Typically detonation at high power levels is what breaks stock components, not the power itself. The power adds a level of stress that makes the engine unable to survive what would otherwise be a minor knock event.

This.

I think this car has been >550whp for quite awhile now too

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
Do you think your car could trap 135 now?

Im very interested in seeing the life span of this. I bet it is gonna be quite well with you tuning it

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
Do you think your car could trap 135 now?

Im very interested in seeing the life span of this. I bet it is gonna be quite well with you tuning it

Should be close.

johnnloki

Drag Racing Champion
the only corn in my area is on a cobb or in a green giant can

You sure?
https://www.ft86motorsports.com/e85-in-ottawa

$2 a liter ain't terrible sitting next to a $1.45L of 94.

It seems the MacEwan branded stations used to carry E85 at the pumps, but it looks like many started slowly switching most of those to diesel just within the last year or so. (annual switchover a pain in the ass, with potential for lost revenues, I'd bet).

Last edited:

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Is this what they call “going full Cletus”

kornsined

Go Kart Newbie

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
Vargas logic is something special, if I remember correct he made 500whp on his own Dynojet and then 540 on Eds Dynacom both on the same UM flexfuel tune.

The guy is up in the clouds. He was comparing weather corrected and uncorrected numbers which were around 5% off IIRC. Of course that turned into 15-20%. Might as well call it 50% off... my car actually only makes 300whp guys ;).

And of course his car/turbo spooled 600rpm later and made similar power running 3-4psi more boost.

— Ed

Last edited:

MK7Davey

Passed Driver's Ed
There's something really wonderful about knowing how salty he is and seeing him slander anyone and everyone that sells a better product than he ever has. Keep up the good work Ed!