GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Keeping exhaust tips shiny?

LJT94

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI PP
Hi guys, noticed my exhaust pipes seem to collect a lot of carbon type marks on the bottom. They soon tidy up with a bit of wire wool but just wondering if anyone has any products they use to keep them shiny?

E.g. :

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BananaSlug

Ready to race!
Bar Keepers Friend

jmblur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
P21s polishing soap does an awesome job without being overly abrasive. You can seal or coat the pipes to make them easier to clean, but it won't prevent buildup.

LJT94

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI PP
Bar Keepers Friend

Just had a quick look at that, seems to get good reviews and it’s cheap. I’ll give it a try! Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Renck

Ready to race!
I used Bar Keepers Friend to clean the exhaust tips with really good results. After that, it is just a quick clean every week or so to prevent the nasty carbon build up.

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
E85 :D.

SkiZZy1

Passed Driver's Ed
Just let it continue to build up and before you know it you'll have "Carbon Black" exhaust tips for free :D

Cptnjosh

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 Sport
Wipe with wd40 and tinfoil. Then wipe clean with rag

bluefox280

Using wadding polish and a wheel / metal polish and sealant does me wonders.
The wadding (like Eagle1 Never Dull) takes off any and all contaminants; the metal polish / sealant (like Mothers Billet Metal Polish) brings to a heavy shine.
Afterwards, re-cleaning typically only requires soap and water and a terry cloth unless they are neglected over time forcing you back to the wadding.

- Erik