GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Jim Lloyd 5/13/1948 till 5/25/2022

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Then there was Jim's love of his cars. That was his passion, always modifying them so they may look like a regular car but he blew everyone away at stop lights. He never outgrew it. His last car was a souped up VW golf. I think the hardest day was the day he sold it back to the dealership. I dropped the car off at the dealership & the salesman (same guy who sold him the car) drove me back to Jim's MH cause he needed Jim to sign some paperwork & Jim couldn't look at him & we both broke down after he left, broke his heart. I felt so bad, just put my arms around him & we cried together, very sad.
This part was so hard to read. God damn I remember that day. Fuck.

it happened quick. I was just talking to cb about it. The pacing seemed so fast. The tpc went, his health did a 180, had to quit his job, had to sell so much of his belongings, had to go into hospice. God damn

thanks for all the legwork @GTIfan99 a bunch of us really do appreciate it.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6 GTI
Fuck, this is a tough one to take. Jim was one of the greats of Golfmkx community. Thanks @GTIfan99 for sharing this and my deepest condolences to his family.

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
Most wholesome forum member for sure. Community lost a great one. Thank you for the writeup.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Definitely hard words to read, but thank you for sharing.

It won’t be the same around here without Jim, but we’ve all got great memories of his enthusiasm and willingness to help anyone be it troubleshooting or just life experiences he shared.

Cheers Literal Jim!

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Family sent a picture of Jim's old Pantera and thought his car friends would enjoy. Jim was cool before most of us were born.

Attachments

• IMG_20220525_174455219_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220525_174455219_HDR.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 147

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
What color was his gti? Someone send a toy gti with his flowers.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Definitely hard words to read, but thank you for sharing.

It won’t be the same around here without Jim, but we’ve all got great memories of his enthusiasm and willingness to help anyone be it troubleshooting or just life experiences he shared.

Cheers Literal Jim!
Hi bro. Really digging your latest videos. Really enjoyed your thoughts on the dtr turbo and the exhaust sounds on your wife’s gli. That bad boy sounded proper!

one cool thing about Jim. He somehow worked 100 hours a day and was still somehow super active.

Every time a new person would come into the forums. Introduce themself and ask their questions. First contact was almost always Jim LOL

I’d call em the welcome committee 😂