GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Jim Lloyd 5/13/1948 till 5/25/2022

cb1111

Jim was a good guy and towards the end the forum was the only thing that took his mind of his COPD. Jim tried so hard to hide his condition from the group here - and he succeeded very well- I think there were a handful of us that knew and most of us spoke/PM'd/texted with him.

He loved this place and, with one exception, everybody here liked him. People die on forums all the time and nobody notices - they just quit posting, but Jim left an indelible mark on this forum (and on many of us).

Jim and I had our last conversation on the board last Thursday. He was going to a specialty hospice that night. We texted a few days later and he said he was going back to the group home that night. A day later he texted that he wasn't doing well and didn't answer his phone or respond to texts afterwards.

To close this on a slightly lighter note, one of his last posts is very fitting for Jim when you consider the updated thread title.

1653533099797.png

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Hi bro. Really digging your latest videos. Really enjoyed your thoughts on the dtr turbo and the exhaust sounds on your wife’s gli. That bad boy sounded proper!

one cool thing about Jim. He somehow worked 100 hours a day and was still somehow super active.

Every time a new person would come into the forums. Introduce themself and ask their questions. First contact was almost always Jim LOL

I’d call em the welcome committee 😂

He was everywhere haha, I’d regularly get tagged by someone or get a reply notification looking for advice and by the time I’d got there Jim already had them sorted out including follow up Q&A.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Jim was a good guy and towards the end the forum was the only thing that took his mind of his COPD. Jim tried so hard to hide his condition from the group here - and he succeeded very well- I think there were a handful of us that knew and most of us spoke/PM'd/texted with him.

He loved this place and, with one exception, everybody here liked him. People die on forums all the time and nobody notices - they just quit posting, but Jim left an indelible mark on this forum (and on many of us).

Jim and I had our last conversation on the board last Thursday. He was going to a specialty hospice that night. We texted a few days later and he said he was going back to the group home that night. A day later he texted that he wasn't doing well and didn't answer his phone or respond to texts afterwards.

To close this on a slightly lighter note, one of his last posts is very fitting for Jim when you consider the updated thread title.

View attachment 250341
I think you might have been the last person Jim spoke to. Glad he was communicating with a solid person. 👍🏽

Sparky589

Drag Racing Champion
Nothing else to say other than this forum has lost one of its most welcoming and knowledgeable members with Jim's passing.

Rest in peace Jim.

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
Was wondering what happened to him. Will be missed.

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Wow. I cant Find the words to say.....

RIP Jim. Gone but never forgotten..