Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Audi S3, GTI
Damn. Glad you found the noise.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
A little update here. This past Friday I installed the Precision Raceworks Stage 4 pump and set the FPR (Fuel Pressure Regulator) to 72 psi, which was recommended by Precision Raceworks. The only issue, well, not really an issue, is where my Fuel-It ethanol sensor kit is located. The kit that they gave me has some fairly long fuel lines and with my catch can being a fat bitch, kind of limits the location to put the Fuel-It kit, as you can see in the pictures below. The hood doesn't touch it or press down on it but still, I would like a better location for it and I've tried multiple locations. If anybody has any suggestions, let me hear them.

20210807_132706.jpg

20210807_132717.jpg

And some pics of my FPR...

20210807_132736.jpg

20210807_132747.jpg

Last edited:

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
Try putting a loop in one of, or both, the sections of the feed line. Like the one from the sensor to the rail. That may bring it closer to the factory run. Or maybe routed more below the CC and back up to the rail.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Try putting a loop in one of, or both, the sections of the feed line. Like the one from the sensor to the rail. That may bring it closer to the factory run. Or maybe routed more below the CC and back up to the rail.

Tried both ways already. There's literally no room underneath my catch can for it and when I looped the longer fuel line (the line that attaches to the fuel rail), the Fuel-It sensor is too wide to sit flat and the coolant hose makes it stick up too much when I turn it sideways.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
You could add on of these and gain some length and also remove the potential bottle
Neck in the system were you are going from 1/2 down to the sensors size.

*also looks like that fitting where there is a green oring visible is using a female flair AN fitting on a none flair male end?

https://www.motionraceworks.com/pro...or-return-6an-8an-10an?variant=34295437688972

View attachment 222127

If it truly is a bottleneck, wouldn't we see some kind of a drop in the fuel pressure?

Here's a picture of the flex fuel connector from PR which utilizes quick connectors for the sensor...

PR flex fuel connector.png

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
You can position it about anywhere, but the negative cable is only so long. I'd move it further back than I did. And you can always swap the positive connector to a flat ring (vs 90 degree angled stock) or something so it could just be a straight shot off to the right. It has more leeway than the negative.