GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

JB4 Logging, stacking and Map 6 Discussion

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
Looks good. Run that race fuel out and fill straight 91 (unless ya have E). Intercooler seems to be doing a good job, nice advance on pull 2.

scasey

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2019 GTI

TheMechanicDude

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 GTI Sport

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI
Hi All,

JB4 Incoming for a new GTI and was looking for some advice.

First - I read the entire thread at N54 tech and haven't really dove into this thread that much other than to search keywords around my question.

Second - I am experienced with this platform with the golf R and had one FBO running APR S2+ , I am in MA and use only high quality 93 gas.

Still learning the car a bit but one thing I am wary of is making the car too fast like my R was. I felt like I got that car well above the place it should be on the street and dont want to approach that with this car. The IS20 is perfect for this since its better at spooling low.

The Question: Does anyone have tips for a "Low torque" style map 6? I will be doing the test and adjust method but it occurs to me that this could go a lot faster with some starting guidelines. The goal is to give it a bit more grunt at speed without making the tires burn every time I stop/slow. I know a lot of this is driving technique but a flat and broad torque curve doesn't hurt.

MillaTyme

Car(s)
MK7 Golf R