GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

JB4 Logging, stacking and Map 6 Discussion

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
idn depends on the power you wanna make, I have a jb4 is20 so im just running the 034 dogbone without upper insert as that was later added. I know there are a ton and there are stg1, stg2 racing kinds. Powerflex seems like a nice option

Cool Hand Pete

Ready to race!
Don't know how much better than Map 3 you're gonna with fiddling around with a Map6. You're getting a lot of very clean advance which would be more boost up top. I'm betting this feels pretty fast.

How fast I forget, you have IC or E?

No IC or E (you mean E85?), I'm running 93 with the stock intake and snow grate removed.

Don't get me wrong, Map 3 is tremendous. I can't stay WOT for more than second or 2 in most situations. The lag at the bottom is still pretty noticeable but that's the nature of it I imagine.

Would it help to Dremel the front?

sackofcheese

I bought my JB4 used back in November and have been running it trouble free until I just recently found out that the firmware has an update. After updating the firmware to the newest non Beta version, I have been experiencing what I think is over boosting in 1st gear only on Maps 1, 2 and 3. However if I run the previous owners Map6 it does not overboost and cut the throttle. This is a 3rd gear pull from roughly 2500rpm after swapping out my spark plugs for new ones. The car is a 15 MK7 GTI, with JB4, drop in air filter and RS7 plugs. If anyone has any ideas or suggestions on what I may need to change or fix it would be greatly appreciated.

https://datazap.me/u/andrewjackson5565/jb4-map-2-may-14th-3rd-gear?log=0&data=1-4-13

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
I bought my JB4 used back in November and have been running it trouble free until I just recently found out that the firmware has an update. After updating the firmware to the newest non Beta version, I have been experiencing what I think is over boosting in 1st gear only on Maps 1, 2 and 3. However if I run the previous owners Map6 it does not overboost and cut the throttle. This is a 3rd gear pull from roughly 2500rpm after swapping out my spark plugs for new ones. The car is a 15 MK7 GTI, with JB4, drop in air filter and RS7 plugs. If anyone has any ideas or suggestions on what I may need to change or fix it would be greatly appreciated.

https://datazap.me/u/andrewjackson5565/jb4-map-2-may-14th-3rd-gear?log=0&data=1-4-13

Thats a Map 2 log. Try running Map 3, it doesn't have the hit down low like 1 or 2. Kinda like a clutch saver mode. Set boost safety to 27, 6-cyl timing to 1, and make sure all fuel bias is 100. Do you have access to E85?

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
No IC or E (you mean E85?), I'm running 93 with the stock intake and snow grate removed.

Don't get me wrong, Map 3 is tremendous. I can't stay WOT for more than second or 2 in most situations. The lag at the bottom is still pretty noticeable but that's the nature of it I imagine.

Would it help to Dremel the front?

Ya may want to consider an IC for your next mod, but your ok-ish for now. Gettin hot in them thar hills soon though ;). Dremel is good cheap mod, but doesn't do anything drastic. Block-off plate/duct tape on back is also a meh.

sackofcheese

Thats a Map 2 log. Try running Map 3, it doesn't have the hit down low like 1 or 2. Kinda like a clutch saver mode. Set boost safety to 27, 6-cyl timing to 1, and make sure all fuel bias is 100. Do you have access to E85?

I figured a Map2 log would be good to start with, here is 1st gear logged where it shows what I think is the overboosting. What I don’t quite understand is it only does it in 1st gear. Once the DSG switches to 2nd it pulls like it did before the firmware update. Looking at the Map6 settings it has the boost limited to 20psi. Would that be the issue? I have access to E85 and today I filled the tank with 3.1 gallons of it and the rest with 93 octane. I will run some more logs tonight if that will help.

https://datazap.me/u/andrewjackson5565/jb4-map-2-1st-gear?log=0&data=1-4

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
I figured a Map2 log would be good to start with, here is 1st gear logged where it shows what I think is the overboosting. What I don’t quite understand is it only does it in 1st gear. Once the DSG switches to 2nd it pulls like it did before the firmware update. Looking at the Map6 settings it has the boost limited to 20psi. Would that be the issue? I have access to E85 and today I filled the tank with 3.1 gallons of it and the rest with 93 octane. I will run some more logs tonight if that will help.

https://datazap.me/u/andrewjackson5565/jb4-map-2-1st-gear?log=0&data=1-4
because you have boost set to 0, until 2nd gear, view target =0 til second

The whole first pull looks odd AF, rpm high then dips, target is 0.

sackofcheese

because you have boost set to 0, until 2nd gear, view target =0 til second

The whole first pull looks odd AF, rpm high then dips, target is 0.
The RPM is high as I was trying avoid wheel spin. And the RPM dips are what I was assuming the car thinking it’s overboosting as it also cut throttle even though the pedal was floored. It does this with the tcs on, in sport or even full off. What doesnt make sense is it wasn’t giving me any codes on either the JB4 or on my OBD11. Sorry for the stupid question, but how do I change the boost set to 0 in first gear? Is it in the map 6 settings?