GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

JB4 Logging, stacking and Map 6 Discussion

A3_8V_BLACK

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
AUDI A3 8V
The "general" rule is usually each PSI you run over base is about +10 HP if you're within efficiency of the turbo. So take your BOOST value and subtract DME_BT and then multiply that number by 10 and you will get a ballpark of how much power over your base tune at that RPM.

You probably won't understand this phrase, but it's "bro math". Just consider it a very general rule.
Hello @ZuMBLe voltei......kakakakaka

Attached are the logs with 20 FUEL BIAS between 5000 to 7000rpm!!!

What do you think about AFR??

In my opinion the AFR was a little leaner, I think it's good, is it in the safety margin??

Another thing I felt, and you can see in the log, is that when you change gears from 3rd to 4th, the boost seems to take a while to reach the target, see what you think!!

I'm also sending you the errors I gave in JB4, 3A9F and 50AE before the pull, I deleted it and left to make another log, when I get home only 3A9F appears!!

Thanks

https://datazap.me/u/djdouglaslopes/log-1643835404?log=0&data=1-4-18

https://datazap.me/u/djdouglaslopes/log-1643835455?log=0&data=1-3-4-18-19

https://datazap.me/u/djdouglaslopes/log-1643835601?log=0&data=1-3-4-18

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Hello @ZuMBLe voltei......kakakakaka

Attached are the logs with 20 FUEL BIAS between 5000 to 7000rpm!!!

What do you think about AFR??

In my opinion the AFR was a little leaner, I think it's good, is it in the safety margin??

Another thing I felt, and you can see in the log, is that when you change gears from 3rd to 4th, the boost seems to take a while to reach the target, see what you think!!

I'm also sending you the errors I gave in JB4, 3A9F and 50AE before the pull, I deleted it and left to make another log, when I get home only 3A9F appears!!

Thanks

https://datazap.me/u/djdouglaslopes/log-1643835404?log=0&data=1-4-18

https://datazap.me/u/djdouglaslopes/log-1643835455?log=0&data=1-3-4-18-19

https://datazap.me/u/djdouglaslopes/log-1643835601?log=0&data=1-3-4-18

The AFRs look way better now, but the code is still saying your fuel rail pressure is too low. I'd change the fuel bias to 20 for all values and try again.

A3_8V_BLACK

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
AUDI A3 8V
The AFRs look way better now, but the code is still saying your fuel rail pressure is too low. I'd change the fuel bias to 20 for all values and try again.
I'm going to test 20 on FUEL BIAS on the whole track!! Remembering that the FOL is at 50, is that correct?

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
I'm going to test 20 on FUEL BIAS on the whole track!! Remembering that the FOL is at 50, is that correct?

I personally think your fuel bias should be zero and your FOL should be under 50. The only reason why I'm continuing with tweaking the fuel bias settings is because you said George wanted it set that way.

A3_8V_BLACK

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
AUDI A3 8V
I personally think your fuel bias should be zero and your FOL should be under 50. The only reason why I'm continuing with tweaking the fuel bias settings is because you said George wanted it set that way.
Yes, I'm exchanging emails with George and we're changing the parameters little by little!!!
I'm showing you the logs to get a second opinion, as you seem to be an experienced person in this area!!
Did you notice the gear change from 3rd to 4th, as the boost takes a while to reach the target?

A3_8V_BLACK

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
AUDI A3 8V
Sounds good!!! I don't understand why in the log with LC every gear change your throttle drops the signal!!!
Your AFR looks kind of lean, but I could confirm better with George!!!

A3_8V_BLACK

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
AUDI A3 8V

A3_8V_BLACK

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
AUDI A3 8V
Air fuel looks a lot better. Seems like a fun and very safe setup.
We are still going to improve a little more, because I have the 3A9F error still present!!!
In this log I felt the car a little stronger, holding more high!!
I really want to drive the car on the dino to see how many HP it has!!

donJimenez

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 GSW 1.8t
That's a really good looking run. I see it's not quite reaching target after 5000 RPM. Do you intend to cut the boost target there on up? Keep us posted. Cheers

A3_8V_BLACK

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
AUDI A3 8V
That's a really good looking run. I see it's not quite reaching target after 5000 RPM. Do you intend to cut the boost target there on up? Keep us posted. Cheers
Hi @donJimenez The tuner that made my car changed the Wastgate setpoint, that is, even the JB4 asking for more boost, Wastgate opens from a certain point (I believe 5000 onwards).
It's not really hitting the target, so I don't know if it's necessary to cut the boost or leave it like that, because who is commanding the opening of wastgate is the flash and not the JB4!!
I believe it is at maximum boost for this setup, I'm hitting the fuel!!

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
We are still going to improve a little more, because I have the 3A9F error still present!!!
In this log I felt the car a little stronger, holding more high!!
I really want to drive the car on the dino to see how many HP it has!!

Try backing the FOL down to 35 to see if the 3A9F goes away.

A3_8V_BLACK

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
AUDI A3 8V
Ah, yes, I remember you guys mentioning that. So nothing else to do on that regard. What's next with the fuel?
In boost we really have nothing to do!! Regarding the fuel, the AFR was a little rich, that is, if you are going to be rich, the fuel pumps work hard and the car doesn't deliver the power it had to give!!!
In these last logs, I'm riding with 20BIAS between 5000rpm to 7000rpm, and FOL at 40, but we will probably have to lower it a little more!!!!