GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

JB4 Logging, stacking and Map 6 Discussion

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
Up to you. It'll push 25psi when you start hitting 5ish down low in this heat. If you are ok with that much boost go for it. I'd recommend a DP.
Ah that's a good point. And we're not even in the hottest days (reached 106F last year in my part of Southern California) yet

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG

Twistty1

Hmm, thanks for the tip. I need to research on here good map 6 for clutch preserve. I know its on here. I've seen it before. I did think map2 was less than 6 since ya know, numbers and all. Future thinking tho not sure if i wanna go TTRS, DKM, or South bend. Maybe this will be my tonight project since my woman is out of town, flash to map6 preserve clutch. Seems like a good idea. Lastnight i installed ecs street shield hahah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got my jb4 last week. I have a mk 7.5 R, about 3 weeks old. Is it safe to run on map 2 with 94 octane if it’s more aggressive in the lower rpms? I’ve been trying to work with George on getting a bit more in the lower end in terms of torque, but still trying to get the hang of doing 3rd gear logs. What are the numbers in map 2, does anyone know?

Twistty1

Ahh yeah I get that. Didn't really think about it but I probably would have had the same thought had I bought mine used.

1500 15

2000 16

2500 18

3000 21

3500 23

4000 25

4500 24

5000 21

5500 20

6000 18

6500 17

7000 16

Ran this until I added a DP. However I have a 6mt and these numbers were keeping clutch longevity in mind. I went all out after the DP because I'm about to put a new clutch in anyway.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

Can these numbers be run on a stock mk 7.5 R dsg with no real issues? Or is there anything I should be concerned about?

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
Why ur boost dip like that
Not sure. Was wondering the same thing since I have old map 1 logs and the other map 2 logs that don't have that dip between 3.5k - 4k rpm

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

yirayira

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI SE
Im on map2 been so for 1-2 months.

Proof right here that speed warps time. He only picked my JB4 on June 4th and this post is from the 22nd [emoji48]

Turtleb00st

Just wanted to make a little post. I own a 92 awd dsm that I tune via dsm link, car traps 130ish on e85. Like I said, tuned and built by me. “Stock” frame turbo.

I also own a 2011 Sti that’s I autocross with, I tuned it with rom raider my self

The wife and I just got a 2018 dsg gti for her. Car has 130 miles and is already broken in as I prefer the hard break in method from all my previous builds/cars. Of course right away me being me wanted
A tuning option, specially one I can self tune as I really enjoy it.

I’m very excited to grab a jb4 and get a good map 6 dialed in. Thanks so much to everybody for all this info, especially Diggs. Jb4 seems like a god send for self tuners. This will be the first direct injected car I will be tuning. I leaned a lot reading almost this whole thread. It’s amazing how lean these motors like to run and how much boost they can handle on the stock block safely. Thanks again guys. Hopefully I will have some good information to contribute in the near future. Hoping for some 110 traps!!!

Last edited:

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Just wanted to make a little post. I own a 92 awd dsm that I tune via dsm link, car traps 130ish on e85. Like I said, tuned and built by me. “Stock” frame turbo.

I also own a 2011 Sti that’s I autocross with, I tuned it with rom raider my self

The wife and I just got a 2018 dsg gti for her. Car has 130 miles and is already broken in as I prefer the hard break in method from all my previous builds/cars. Of course right away me being me wanted

I’m very excited to grab a jb4 and get a good map 6 dialed in. Thanks so much to everybody for all this info, especially Diggs. Jb4 seems like a god send for self tuners. This will be the first direct injected car I will be tuning. I leaned a lot reading almost this whole thread. It’s amazing how lean these motors like to run and how much boost they can handle on the stock block safely. Thanks again guys. Hopefully I will have some good information to contribute in the near future. Hoping for some 110 traps!!!

Hope you like it!

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion

If you read all these post, god bless u sir.

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
Proof right here that speed warps time. He only picked my JB4 on June 4th and this post is from the 22nd [emoji48]

I see u buddy, gotta move to map 6, was gonna do it tonight but I'm gonna do it tomorrow since I get off early. Will say this crazy Pa heat man. I need to get an IC bad

mw1978

Ready to race!
Never ending story with my lean AFR!!!
Looks on this datalogs.
First is map 2. Car s3 with stage 2 Bolton’s. FOL 50 fuel 93
https://datazap.me/u/nicram1978/mapa-2-bieg-3-i-4?log=0&data=1-4-14-18
Why my AFR start lean on 4th gear when trims are flat????

Another log from yesterday LC. Look what a mess with AFR
https://datazap.me/u/nicram1978/log-1530735255?log=0&data=1-4-11-18-25-26-27
Map 6 setings
1500–2
2000–3
2500–4
3000–4
3500–5
4000–6
4500–6,5
5000–7
5500–7