GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How to retro-fit the rear subframe harmonic damper from the Audi A3 Saloon (2013->)

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
I've just been informed e-acca has taken a month to ship my order after emailing them to ask for progress update. They seem to be getting worse IMO as the last few orders have all taken forever to ship.

Hoping it at least arrives in a semi-timely fashion.

That's because this thread has over 3000 views..& if only 10% are actually buying the parts..that's 300...& as e-acca is a popular place to buy from...even if only 25% buy from them...that's still 75 parts!!……

Doubt they have that many in stock..so special order bulk stock....I recon I cause problems!!...:cool:

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
How much was it?

First post in this thread....
Item No.6:- 1K0 505 563, Balance weight, £58.65 (x1)
Item No.7:- N 901 838 03, Hex collar nut self-locking M8 (A03G), £0.81 (x2 quantity)

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
I just ordered one. It is pricier from Audi suppliers in the USA. Best I could find was $92 (@70 GBP) but the nuts were half price, for whatever that's worth. The squirrels will be glad to hear that.

17GOLFSE

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 Golf SE
Item No.7:- N 901 838 03, Hex collar nut self-locking M8 (A03G), £0.81 (x2 quantity)
What is the shipping cost to the United States? E-Acca doesn’t specify it anymore.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI

Didn't see it was you that posted that. Curious how much it goes for in the US. Seems expensive.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Didn't see it was you that posted that. Curious how much it goes for in the US. Seems expensive.

All to do with import taxes that your country imposes.....if I have to order something from USA (Diesel Geek Superpin)...I got charged an additional £17 handling fee & extra 20% VAT charge to pay at the local post office as all stuff from outside EU is flagged by customs......almost doubles the initial cost of the item...!!

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Since fitting the damper have you any further views on its benefits and whether it is worthwhile fitting.
Sorry for my late reply. Haven’t had the time for a back to back review yet. Had it in my car since first install and no complaints yet. Today I removed it, test drove, installed it and test drove again.

As I said in my first post, rear end feels more solid around town, sharper inputs don’t cause the same after shake any more, it doesn’t sound as hollow any more.

Is it worth it? It’s my DD (100 miles commute) and our family car. Personally I‘m allergic to after shake, and a non-solid cheap feel. To make it perfect for me I have to add more sound deadening to the rear end later this year. Paid <55€ here in Germany, for me definitely a keeper.

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion
So I installed the resonance damper today... it appears to quiet bumps every so slightly. The effect is honestly so subtle that if I hadn't known I had installed it, I might not have detected a difference. I think the biggest effect is on slight bumps. Larger bumps still make the same noise. I also just did a short 1/2 mile test drive around our crumbling residential streets... on a longer ride I might pay closer attention and notice more of an effect.

All to do with import taxes that your country imposes.....if I have to order something from USA (Diesel Geek Superpin)...I got charged an additional £17 handling fee & extra 20% VAT charge to pay at the local post office as all stuff from outside EU is flagged by customs......almost doubles the initial cost of the item...!!

We in the US are lucky in that regard... we don't pay sales tax (VAT) on anything ordered overseas. We just get screwed with the shipping cost and shipping times... I ended up paying about $70 USD shipped via e-acca.