GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Have I been wasting $ on premium for years?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

de3fdd93-204b-4e10-9505-e0cfe0b4a0a9_text.gif

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Interesting.. so now I have 2 conflicting comments with sources.

One person said that the sticker means 87 octane, now yours says 91… hmmmmmm….

You totally misunderstand....your existing sticker in the photo states the same grade of fuel but in two different "languages" or measurement standards......

Its like your speedo stating the speed being 60MPH & also 96Kilometres per hour.....same speed, just two different measurements!

Did you bother looking at the link:-

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Octane_rating

It has a table lower down which gives you all the three different "measurements or languages" for most fuels around the world

tigeo

Autocross Champion
You totally misunderstand....your existing sticker in the photo states the same grade of fuel but in two different "languages" or measurement standards......

Its like your speedo stating the speed being 60MPH & also 96Kilometres per hour.....same speed, just two different measurements!

It has a table lower down which gives you all the three different "measurements or languages" for most fuels around the world
I feel like we're taking crazy pills here....

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
I feel like we're taking crazy pills here....

Better not confuse these people with things like "how many pounds are in a ton/tonne?".... :ROFLMAO:..& then convert it to Kilograms!!!.............. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Better not confuse these people with things like "how many pounds are in a ton/tonne?".... :ROFLMAO:..& then convert it to Kilograms!!!.............. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
I'm a scientist...geologist....metric is normal for me but...remember....there are two types of people in this world...those who walked on the moon and those that use the metric system 🤣

I worked for an Aussie mining company and reported here in the U.S. in tons but of course they wanted tonnes (ton-ees as I called them)...so many conversions and mistakes from it...using meters to report exploration drilling numbers on U.S. rigs with drill steel in imperial. PITA!

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
I worked for an Aussie mining company and reported here in the U.S. in tons but of course they wanted tonnes (ton-ees as I called them)..

So you working in U.S.A. used the U.S. ton (907kg or 2,000lb), & they wanted the metric "tonne" i.e. 1,000kg or 2,204lb.

I'm surprised they didn't want the U.K. ton (1,016kg or 2,240lb) actually a "long" ton to the U.S. "short" ton...

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
If you guys are settled on the initial question... Have I been wasting money on R99 for my TDI?

If you guys are not settled on the initial question, hurry it up... but in the meantime ignore my question 😂.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
I prefer “shit ton” 😤

I did that earlier today.......mind you the words are the opposite way around in my case, include the word "of"......& a U.K. "long" ton most definitely!!! .... :ROFLMAO:

Hayden

Love/Hate Relationship
Car(s)
2016 GTI

Hey buddy, I’m gonna have to ask you to absolutely slow this down for me and outline in crayon.

Does the sticker tell me to use 87 or 91? 😂