GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

**Gun Enthusiast Thread**

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
XD

My girlfriends family isn't crazy about guns - they're not anti-gun, they just aren't owners and don't want to be. But I've slowly been swaying her the other way. She wasn't comfortable with it before, but now she feels safer knowing I have guns in the house. When we were first dating I didn't bring it up for a few weeks but after a month or so we were talking about guns and she mentioned how she doesn't feel safe around guns so I asked "Do you feel unsafe right now?" She said no, and I told her that she was within reaching distance of an AK47 and a pistol. It kind of clicked for her there

I'm trying to show her the ropes of safety and get her comfortable with handling before I take her to the range and teach her how to shoot.

I don't want to give family details, so I'm not even identifying genders. All are straight, if that matters. My wife grew up in rural America so it was never an issue for her. For reasons lost to me, one of her siblings is an anti. They married a foreigner who is also anti. This is how bad the spouse is - I once asked, wouldn't you want a gun if miscreants broke into your home and were about to rape and kill your kids? The answer? If it's meant to me, it's meant to be. So that's what their kids were taught. They told me I must live in fear because I have a carry permit. I told them that one day they might live in area where the population is over 700 and they'll change their mind. My comment fell on deaf ears.

Last edited:

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
I once asked, wouldn't you want a gun if miscreants broke into your home and were about to rape and kill your kids? The answer? If it's meant to me, it's meant to be. So that's what their kids were taught.

If kids get raped, its meant to be?? Yeah, seems reasonable... Yikes... Sorry you have to deal with that

I like to think along the lines of - if someone breaks into my house trying to rape/kill/steal, and I have to kill them, it was meant to be. They chose the criminal life, so thats ultimately what will likely happen anyway. An innocent person getting raped or murdered isnt "meant to be". Sigh. Rant over.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Yeah, makes for awkward family visits. The parents aren't overtly anti but the kids are. I haven't been there since the Parkland shootings. Next visit should be less than bearable.

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
Anyone play with the new Mossberg 590M box magazine shotgun? MSRP $721 plus $140 for a 20-round mag.
Too bad it's still pump action.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
So I have always loved and wanted a Ruger No. 1 rifle. A used one in a chambering I would want has never fell into my lap, just some wildcat ones. They just started offering a cut-down version in .450 Marlin, very tempting....looks handy and fun. Don't know squat about .450 Marlin however. Looks like a cute little cartridge. They started offering them in 6.5 Creedmore as well. Beautiful rifles I feel, just something about a rifle with express sights that makes me all warm and fuzzy inside.

https://ruger.com/products/no1/models.html

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Anyone play with the new Mossberg 590M box magazine shotgun? MSRP $721 plus $140 for a 20-round mag.

Mag fed shotguns tend to be prone to issues, which is why very few people make them.

I do think this one is cool, but really wish it was a semi instead of a pump.

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
Mag fed shotguns tend to be prone to issues, which is why very few people make them.

Never had an issue with my Saiga 12, but it's not really stock either.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Never had an issue with my Saiga 12, but it's not really stock either.

Not stock? it's not really semi either, is it... ;)

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1

Breech loading FTW!

I can't really imagine the use case for a magazine fed shotgun, but I think it looks fun.

I'm only just now getting caught up on this thread, but if anyone else in the Philly / Lehigh area likes shotgun sports, I'm always looking for more people to shoot clays with.