GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI vs ‘21 Ford Exploder Platinum

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
The takeaway I got from this experience is only race Optimas and Festivas from red lights in a GTI ✅

vincevtr

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
its cause it was from a dig, thats all. also not sure if flooring 1st to 6k from a dig is the best approach. when i was s2 uni i used to be able to smack almost any commuter car from a roll.

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
its cause it was from a dig, thats all. also not sure if flooring 1st to 6k from a dig is the best approach. when i was s2 uni i used to be able to smack almost any commuter car from a roll.
Next try I shifted way sooner, made no difference. That was a true sleeper. I’m impressed but I’ll never own an SUV.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Yeah, awd ftw
Lined up at a light next to a Tesla 3 (base model I think) 2 lanes go into 1 onto a toll road.
He knows what's up. Light turns green. We both take off....well he takes off. I kind of slide and slither through 1st and 2nd. Finally get traction in 3rd. By this point, he's 5 (maybe more) cars ahead. 3rd finally start to reel him in. He then backs off at 110. Might have caught him by 140, but what's the point.

Tldr : don't race awd from a dig even if it's an awd Pacifica

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
When my car was stock I’d get roasted by just about anything. My buddy beat me on the way home from the dealership driving my stock ‘04 GTI.

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
Yea Pacifica has a ton of torque for towing 4t loads and the whole fam jam

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
Yea Pacifica has a ton of torque for towing 4t loads and the whole fam jam
Yes. First few months I had the car I got beaten by even minivans. Probably Dodges

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI MT, PP, LP
Yeah, awd ftw
Lined up at a light next to a Tesla 3 (base model I think) 2 lanes go into 1 onto a toll road.
He knows what's up. Light turns green. We both take off....well he takes off. I kind of slide and slither through 1st and 2nd. Finally get traction in 3rd. By this point, he's 5 (maybe more) cars ahead. 3rd finally start to reel him in. He then backs off at 110. Might have caught him by 140, but what's the point.

Yeah exactly. AWD is king. By the time you get a chance to catch up, is it even still a race? lol. The only time I'd ever punch my car against another car is after we're already rolling. Never attempt it from a dig. Well, not unless you got drag racing tires on, but I imagine 99.9% of this board are not rocking those when they go out grocery shopping...

Last edited:

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Yeah, awd ftw

Plus (non Plaid) Teslas are all a 0-40 mph show, they badly die off after that, picking on Model 3's is best done at highway speeds, nothing to see from a dig.

Gray_Panther

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
GTi
When my car was stock I’d get roasted by just about anything. My buddy beat me on the way home from the dealership driving my stock ‘04 GTI.
Did you have the VR6?
Cuz if you didn’t and you had the 1.8T NeVaR LoSe, then you are caught in a lie when you damn well know that you would have won if you actually raced him!

Edit: this is assuming you drove the MKIV, and this happened back in 2004.

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
Did you have the VR6?
Cuz if you didn’t and you had the 1.8T NeVaR LoSe, then you are caught in a lie when you damn well know that you would have won if you actually raced him!

Edit: this is assuming you drove the MKIV, and this happened back in 2004.
I have the vr6 in my 04. It’s gonna get some some love soon. Got too small after being dad so I opted for the 4 door and got a nice deal on my 2017 S. The vr6 is quicker from a dig than a stock turbo car similar class.