GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI vs ‘21 Ford Exploder Platinum

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Thanks y’all. I appreciate the recommendations but I won’t be able to afford a “real” big turbo with all the fixins’ and chitlins for a few years, unless Cardano or Solana go to the moon. What kinds of numbers does IS38 and EQT maps push with just 93?
You’re in the land of the free and have that ethanol juice, get an is38 with a hpfp and run some blend. You’ll push good power from what I gather. @Ridebjj is doing it.

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
You’re in the land of the free and have that ethanol juice, get an is38 with a hpfp and run some blend. You’ll push good power from what I gather. @Ridebjj is doing it.
There’s no e85 where I live

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
@daconchslop is correct. EQT is doing beta testing for an OTS tune for an IS38 and Sneeky does have one now. I'm running an IS38 temporarily and got the Sneeky OTS IS38 tune and it's very good.
No knockin? Last I read Sneeky is for guys who go through engine blocks like tires

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
Sounds unlikely for an OTS tune. You ask for send it.. You get send it.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
No knockin? Last I read Sneeky is for guys who go through engine blocks like tires
Where is this info from 😂😂

Facebook houses a bigger mqb presence and just for sheer numbers of occurrences alone you’ll find more eqt customer cars that went than Sneeky… probably due to the larger customer base eqt is able to reach more people and in return that reach makes it to dumb car owners.

I’m a firm believer that 9 out of 10 times the issue wasn’t really directly related to the tune but it’s the owners not being forth coming with the cars current condition or issues and with the customers not following simple direction like consumables related to the tune - yet when there is an issue it’s “blame the tune” apr gets that short stick all the time too.

Sneeky stays in the shadows but has many customer cars that make people upset because their same XYZ setup isn’t making the same numbers, times, or even spool up speeds as posted Sneeky cars so it must mean they are either spraying or have the tune on the brink of destruction. I feel like both Sneeky and TPC get the most negative feedback from people in those exact scenarios and as the Internet goes it just easily spreads.

I’m Sneekytuned with dual maps, and never once told him hey make me a super mild map… yet we did 6 revisions for my 91(meth off map) for my hybrid turbo - because he didn’t just “send it” and instead slowly and responsibly ramped it up to find the safe zone with that fueling. My ethanol and meth map is on rev8 right now due to the same process (and my own accord since I keep changing parts in the process).

I’ve seen back to back ots Sneeky/eqt/5150 data logs and can say that Sneeky logs were always milder.

Also to be noted with all Sneeky OTS tunes he actually offers 1 revision with them all so that he can adjust for each persons local fueling and aggressive or non aggressive wants and needs.

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Does he use AP? What are your hp/tq looking like?
Yes he's a Cobb tuner. I only am temporarily running the IS38 so I don't have HP and torque numbers. Based on when I did run an IS38 previously it was 360 HP and 405 torque and this feels the same.

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
Yes he's a Cobb tuner. I only am temporarily running the IS38 so I don't have HP and torque numbers. Based on when I did run an IS38 previously it was 360 HP and 405 torque and this feels the same.
Oh so you blew up a bigger turbo or something?

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI