GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf R Build Numbers By Year and Color

aloha_from_bradley

Autocross Champion
Two people local to me (husband and wife) that are part of our local VW group have both bought Limestone Gray MK7.5s in the last few months. Both cars were also in the Phoenix area. One was an absolute gem of a car, unmolested, PPF everywhere, perfect condition. Car had like 7k on the odo.

She's since then "slammed" the car, deleted the DCC, baconed the fenders, and is now going to "extreme drop" coils in the rear. Literally destroyed a piece of art. Was prob one of the last pristine examples of a MK7 we will see. Makes me sad.

Guess my point is that LG was prob a fairly common color. I'm not sure where you will find production numbers, but VW may be able to provide some information of you were to call them. I also think it was one of the best colors produced.

aloha_from_bradley

Autocross Champion
7.5s were not available in Limestone grey. Did you mean MK7?

Okay, so it looks like one of them is LG in a MK7. The other is a different (slightly darker) grey on the MK7.5. Looks to be Indium Grey.

I actually really like these guys. They are good people.

1654615989729.png

gixxerfool

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
Two people local to me (husband and wife) that are part of our local VW group have both bought Limestone Gray MK7.5s in the last few months. Both cars were also in the Phoenix area. One was an absolute gem of a car, unmolested, PPF everywhere, perfect condition. Car had like 7k on the odo.

She's since then "slammed" the car, deleted the DCC, baconed the fenders, and is now going to "extreme drop" coils in the rear. Literally destroyed a piece of art. Was prob one of the last pristine examples of a MK7 we will see. Makes me sad.

Guess my point is that LG was prob a fairly common color. I'm not sure where you will find production numbers, but VW may be able to provide some information of you were to call them. I also think it was one of the best colors produced.
Bacon the fenders?

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
The limestone grey never really looks grey to me. I always think of it as a tan color.

tmw2442

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 R
I was talking about 2016. What I said is accurate.
NAV/Fender were never an option at any model year in the US market, always standard

Yeah...I am wrong...you are correct

DCC and Nav was a package deal for MY2016...I pulled my window sticker out the the glove box and looked...

Last edited:

aloha_from_bradley

Autocross Champion
Nope. 2016 base cars did not have NAV/Fender for sure. Some of the folks with base radios put in Helix subs and there are whole threads on that.

DCC, NAV, and Fender audio were all optional on the MK7 if I'm not mistaken.

They were standard on the MK7.5 and included the updated infotainment.