GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf R Build Numbers By Year and Color

turbovw1

Go Kart Newbie
Hello! I was thinking today, I don’t see too many Golf R’s let alone some in Limestone Gray like my car.

Is there a breakdown online that shows how many Golf Rs were built by year and color?

Superfreak

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
‘19 M2C, ‘05 Taco
Hello! I was thinking today, I don’t see too many Golf R’s let alone some in Limestone Gray like my car.

Is there a breakdown online that shows how many Golf Rs were built by year and color?
There’s like 5 Limestone Gray (same as mine) within a 10 mile radius from me. I don’t even want to know, lol

turbovw1

Go Kart Newbie
There’s like 5 Limestone Gray (same as mine) within a 10 mile radius from me. I don’t even want to know, lol
Lol I never see them. I mostly see either white or blue Rs.

There use to be one limestone gray at the gym I went to but I haven’t seen her in a while.

OLD MEN RULE

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI S
I will be looking for a MK7 GOLF R so under the radar white is my first choice. Most would not know a GTI R or GOLF from !@#$.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
I will be looking for a MK7 GOLF R so under the radar white is my first choice. Most would not know a GTI R or GOLF from !@#$.
Just know that the vast majority of GTI's and R's are white. I see myself anytime I leave the house. I specifically told my sales guy I'd take any color Mk8 R except white. Of course that's only two other colors, but no more refrigerator.

Most people really couldn't identify a Golf from a Golf R The 7.5 made it a little better, but they really are subtle. The GTI red accents and goofball fog light trim make them stand out more than the R's to my eyes at least.

turbovw1

Go Kart Newbie
Just know that the vast majority of GTI's and R's are white. I see myself anytime I leave the house. I specifically told my sales guy I'd take any color Mk8 R except white. Of course that's only two other colors, but no more refrigerator.

Most people really couldn't identify a Golf from a Golf R The 7.5 made it a little better, but they really are subtle. The GTI red accents and goofball fog light trim make them stand out more than the R's to my eyes at least.
Easiest way for me are the headlights, rear exhaust, and most importantly.. the front bumper on the R is more aggressive where is the GTI is a smiley face lol

gixxerfool

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
It would be interesting to see these numbers. According to the VWoA these are low production number vehicles. I don’t know what low number specifically is.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals

gixxerfool

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
It's rare compared to a Camry, or any SUV, but certainly not something with low enough numbers to ever really qualify as rare.
http://motrolix.com/automotive-sale...ales-numbers/volkswagen-golf-r-sales-numbers/
I don’t necessarily disagree, but the overall numbers are certainly low especially 2016. Even at the peak of ~4,000 cars is still low considering the amount of GTIs likely sold in the US. Break those numbers out into colors and it is an even more granular break down into the “rarity” of those individual cars.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
I don’t necessarily disagree, but the overall numbers are certainly low especially 2016. Even at the peak of ~4,000 cars is still low considering the amount of GTIs likely sold in the US. Break those numbers out into colors and it is an even more granular break down into the “rarity” of those individual cars.
Oh, I'd definitely like to see the color breakdown. I know the IG guy has the Spektrum breakdown, but just the standard colors would be cool to see. This sort of breakdown would be awesome, realizing we don't need the granularity for interior colors, because one choice.
http://www.z3coupebuyersguide.com/production

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
It's rare compared to a Camry, or any SUV, but certainly not something with low enough numbers to ever really qualify as rare.
http://motrolix.com/automotive-sale...ales-numbers/volkswagen-golf-r-sales-numbers/
These numbers are not accurate. They made 2016 R's from late 2015 into 2016. I think it was about 4700-4800 for the model year. As I recall, the color breakdown was pretty evenly divided, so about 1000 for each color. Rare would be one like mine, since NAV/Fender and DSG were optional, and DAP was not available on early production models. Add it all up and a 2016 with every factory-installed option is 1 of 100 regardless of color.

tmw2442

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 R
These numbers are not accurate. They made 2016 R's from late 2015 into 2016. I think it was about 4700-4800 for the model year. As I recall, the color breakdown was pretty evenly divided, so about 1000 for each color. Rare would be one like mine, since NAV/Fender and DSG were optional, and DAP was not available on early production models. Add it all up and a 2016 with every factory-installed option is 1 of 100 regardless of color.
NAV/Fender were std. DAP and DSG were only options until MY 2018, then NAV/Fender/DAP where std and the only option was DSG or manual.