GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GK Goes JDM, Brah. Beats Worst Forum Member on Actually Getting a Car this Century

dasauto0108

Go Kart Champion
hot damn! From one tire kicker to another I am impressed...

Dat ride quality doe...and that interior noise level.

This a track only car or what?

Agreed on the noise, but if he gets tired of it, there's always the Audi, aka Family Hauler 1.1.8

Sent from some sort of Apple device.

dasauto0108

Go Kart Champion

Blaznjoe

Drag Race Newbie
Nice! Will you be driving it straight to your local movie theater to watch Furious 7 tonight?

:p

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
Nice! Will you be driving it straight to your local movie theater to watch Furious 7 tonight?

:word: Right on time.

John.
Congrats, car looks impeccable and nice features. Now you started again the switching car trend. :evil:

dasauto0108

Go Kart Champion
GK Goes JDM, Brah. Beats Worst Forum Member on Actually Getting a Car this Ce...

:lol: and showing up half an hour early to light up the under-glow in the parking lot. Keeping the kids happy, you know

Sent from some sort of Apple device.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
This is starting to feel like an april 1st post done 24 hrs late :laugh: one post and done.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Congrats

I don't think a Z car was ever mentioned in the other thread though. I thought an S2K was the front runner

And is the price right for this year/mileage?
I thought these had dropped in price significantly

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Nice find. Didn't know there was a track package on 03. Should be a fun car.

SCH5500

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2012 GTI

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
lol, hey everyone. sorry, had a huge MQ ready to go last night, and right as i was hitting submit, our network crashed AND the check arrived for the car, so I was out the door to go get it.

This is real ;) Max, if we were friends on FaceTube, you would know dis ;)

got the title transferred and picked up plates today. Have an AMS license plate frame they gave me and a shirt, lol. I had one back in the day, but i was smaller then, rofl...

car is really nice. fun, getting used to the clutch still, looks amazing. People think its either new or super expensive. But the GK specialty has always been buying cars at much cheaper prices than people think it really is/is worth.

as for value, the NADA value was about $9800. I paid $10,500, with $500 of that down in cash, loaned out $10K. I had no problem paying over book because of the coilovers, exhaust, pads, etc. imho, that was worth the $700. They were asking $11k and were starting to get more people interested, so i had to move fast and make due on the 10.5k.

The track edition main differences, as far as i know, is the brembos and maybe the LSD. I'd have to read into it more. I have the Hawk race pads in a box if ever needed, as they put on Stoptech street pads for me. Shifter is pretty darn nice, almost as good as i remember an s2k feeling, really. Exhaust is a little louder than id want, but hey, its a race car.

all in all, for about 10k, i think this was one of the best things i could have gotten.. looks, power, easy brakes to change out, good chassis, reliability. it ticked a lot of boxes for me. i'll keep everyone up to date.. figure worst case scenario if the engine blows.. LS1 swap time, baby.