GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GK Goes JDM, Brah. Beats Worst Forum Member on Actually Getting a Car this Century

NYCSuits

Go Kart Champion
lol, hey everyone. sorry, had a huge MQ ready to go last night, and right as i was hitting submit, our network crashed AND the check arrived for the car, so I was out the door to go get it.

This is real ;) Max, if we were friends on FaceTube, you would know dis ;)

got the title transferred and picked up plates today. Have an AMS license plate frame they gave me and a shirt, lol. I had one back in the day, but i was smaller then, rofl...

car is really nice. fun, getting used to the clutch still, looks amazing. People think its either new or super expensive. But the GK specialty has always been buying cars at much cheaper prices than people think it really is/is worth.

as for value, the NADA value was about $9800. I paid $10,500, with $500 of that down in cash, loaned out $10K. I had no problem paying over book because of the coilovers, exhaust, pads, etc. imho, that was worth the $700. They were asking $11k and were starting to get more people interested, so i had to move fast and make due on the 10.5k.

The track edition main differences, as far as i know, is the brembos and maybe the LSD. I'd have to read into it more. I have the Hawk race pads in a box if ever needed, as they put on Stoptech street pads for me. Shifter is pretty darn nice, almost as good as i remember an s2k feeling, really. Exhaust is a little louder than id want, but hey, its a race car.

all in all, for about 10k, i think this was one of the best things i could have gotten.. looks, power, easy brakes to change out, good chassis, reliability. it ticked a lot of boxes for me. i'll keep everyone up to date.. figure worst case scenario if the engine blows.. LS1 swap time, baby.

Congrats! I rarely see a 350Z (or G35 coupe 1st gen) with the optional Brembo brakes. Is this going to be a weekend drift machine?

Bozz

Go Kart Champion
Cool car! Should be a lot of fun. Good that you kept the Audi too.

The fact that you brought up LS1 swap...makes me tingly

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Congrats balls man!!

Thanks babycakes.

Congrats! I rarely see a 350Z (or G35 coupe 1st gen) with the optional Brembo brakes. Is this going to be a weekend drift machine?

Yep, weekend / track / Autox. Prolly order some new star specs next week ;-)

Some of the G35s had the Brembos too, but yeah, it's not to popular I don't think, but they are out there.

Cool car! Should be a lot of fun. Good that you kept the Audi too.

The fact that you brought up LS1 swap...makes me tingly

Thanks. Yeah, we will see how time goes with the Audi, ya never know, lol.

Oh yeah... Anything big like that, LS1 swap for sure. Might as well.

dasauto0108

Go Kart Champion
Inspiration:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Oh dang.

I removed the headlight tint today, lol. Looks much classier. Will need to get some 3M adhesive remover as some of the glue is still on there. Left the tint in the little slats/gills, didn't mind that really. Def want to ask my neighbor with a Gti if he would drive the Z up and down the street cos I really want to get a feel for how loud the exhaust is. Seems a little loud inside the car but it's a coupe and I'm used to a double resonated and catted system - both are Millteks however. Nice.

michal

Go Kart Champion
Oh dang.

I removed the headlight tint today, lol. Looks much classier. Will need to get some 3M adhesive remover as some of the glue is still on there. Left the tint in the little slats/gills, didn't mind that really. Def want to ask my neighbor with a Gti if he would drive the Z up and down the street cos I really want to get a feel for how loud the exhaust is. Seems a little loud inside the car but it's a coupe and I'm used to a double resonated and catted system - both are Millteks however. Nice.

balls, doe.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
Oh dang.

Dude, I'll be over tomorrow to drive it up and down the street for you.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
oh dang.

yeah, car def needs to be lowered.

will have to schedule with vajayjay :wub:

shdwblugti

Go Kart Champion
This thread lacks fapping material

Unsub'd