GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Experience Package

Flippy

Ready to race!
Is it possible to find an SE with the Experience Package in the wild or is this something that would need to be special ordered? Haven't seen this offered on any of the vehicles in my area, as of yet, which is why I'm asking.

Dacypher2k3

Car(s)
Pure White mkv7.5
I have seen them on cars.com and CarGurus. If you look at a dash pics of the the SE, you can see if the speaker grills on the apillars have the fender branding on the grills. If it has the fender branding then that’s an Experience package car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Mk_GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
I’m looking for one as well. Contacted a local dealer and he said “There’s one in the state and I’m sure I can get it.” Told him when there is one is sitting on your lot in Dark Iron Blue DSG, call me.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
I’m looking for one as well. Contacted a local dealer and he said “There’s one in the state and I’m sure I can get it.” Told him when there is one is sitting on your lot in Dark Iron Blue DSG, call me.

I think you'll have a long wait without a hefty deposit.

PRRGG1

Drag Racing Champion
Speaking of the Experience Package (I didn't want to start a new thread), would y'all say that the Dynamic Chassis Control system is likely a failure-prone and expensive-to-repair system or that it should survive the rigors of the average driver through 100K Miles?

I'm concerned that the low sidewall tires on the GTI could result in a harsh ride and the Experience Package would offer me options depending on road surface and my daily driving wants. I'll not be wanting to swap out suspension parts during my ownership.

Thanks for your thoughts!

Mk_GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
I’ve owned a 2010 GTI with the 18” Denver wheels and live in Chicago, where the roads get pretty bad in the wintertime. Ride is a little stiff, but isn’t harsh. I expect the DCC on the comfort to normal settings to be tolerable.

Test drove an Autobahn at the Chicago Auto Show last month and tried out the settings. Comfort was almost Buick-like.

I haven’t heard too much about the DCC components being failure prone.

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
Is it possible to find an SE with the Experience Package in the wild or is this something that would need to be special ordered? Haven't seen this offered on any of the vehicles in my area, as of yet, which is why I'm asking.

I have seen them on cars.com and CarGurus. If you look at a dash pics of the the SE, you can see if the speaker grills on the apillars have the fender branding on the grills. If it has the fender branding then that’s an Experience package car.

Yeah one thing I’ve found is you can barely even trust online listings from dealers about what trim/equipment a car has. Only way to know for sure is by knowing the tell tale signs and doing your own investigating. I’d bet tons of the SEs are actually experience package they’re just not labeled as such.

Or, shit. You might even get an SE Experience package labeled as Autobahn.

Or an S model. Who fucking knows dealers are incompetent

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Speaking of the Experience Package (I didn't want to start a new thread), would y'all say that the Dynamic Chassis Control system is likely a failure-prone and expensive-to-repair system or that it should survive the rigors of the average driver through 100K Miles?

I'm concerned that the low sidewall tires on the GTI could result in a harsh ride and the Experience Package would offer me options depending on road surface and my daily driving wants. I'll not be wanting to swap out suspension parts during my ownership.

Thanks for your thoughts!

DCC, 63,000 lowered for 53,000.
So far no issues. A must in my book.
But non DCC cheaper to replace. So depends on you and want to pay if needed.

PRRGG1

Drag Racing Champion
It's nice to know that the ride differences are noticeable and that it's been reliable so far. Thanks!

The Experience Package's Fender audio system doesn't have a big ol' speaker stuck somewhere that takes up luggage space or affects/deletes the spare tire does it?

Mk_GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
It's nice to know that the ride differences are noticeable and that it's been reliable so far. Thanks!

The Experience Package's Fender audio system doesn't have a big ol' speaker stuck somewhere that takes up luggage space or affects/deletes the spare tire does it?

The subwoofer is located under the hatch floor, nested in the spare tire.

PRRGG1

Drag Racing Champion
Thanks Mk~GTI. That shouldn't be a problem. My wife keeps her roadside emergency kit in the spare tire center in her Golf 1.8T.

wantone

Ready to race!
I've seen manuals only so far. Think Sheehy had 2 a few weeks ago. Not many out there. I assume that will change. A great value for sure.

BeardOfBenKenobi

Long time lurker, first time poster...

I've been looking for pretty much the same thing - SE+DSG+Experience. $895 for an upgraded stereo and adjustable suspension seems like a great deal. I checked with VW customer service and two separate dealers - all are telling me this combination is customer order only.

There are 2-3 manuals in the area that appear to have the manual+Experience - need to think that one over. I really miss having a manual, but that DSG is great box.

Mk_GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R

I've been looking for pretty much the same thing - SE+DSG+Experience. $895 for an upgraded stereo and adjustable suspension seems like a great deal. I checked with VW customer service and two separate dealers - all are telling me this combination is customer order only.

There are 2-3 manuals in the area that appear to have the manual+Experience - need to think that one over. I really miss having a manual, but that DSG is great box.

As of yesterday, Sheehey VW in Virginia had a Dark Iron Blue DSG SE with experience package on their site. If I lived closer, it would be mine right now.

MissedShifting

Passed Driver's Ed

If you miss having a manual the DSG will not make you stop missing a manual. I got a new GTI last week with the MT and I love it. My friend who got a DSG last spring says that it was fun for a while and is still fine but he should have gotten the MT.