GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Eurodyne Updates

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
Sorry, yep Golf R with 93/e30 fueling. 96/28psi settings

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Doesn't look like you have a full Maestro map. Boost is limited to 25psi if you don't have the full Maestro suite. Also interesting that timing looks to be tapered in below boost onset and then ramped back up again.

Both logs look to be pretty equal on timing up to 6k RPM. The log with corrections doesn't look great up top. Nothing looks out of place in the log that would have effected the timing that negatively. Could have been a bump or something else. Others will hopefully chime in if they see something.

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Doesn't look like you have a full Maestro map. Boost is limited to 25psi if you don't have the full Maestro suite. Also interesting that timing looks to be tapered in below boost onset and then ramped back up again.

Both logs look to be pretty equal on timing up to 6k RPM. The log with corrections doesn't look great up top. Nothing looks out of place in the log that would have effected the timing that negatively. Could have been a bump or something else. Others will hopefully chime in if they see something.

Hit the TQ limit

Zx2man

Ready to race!
The is20 adjustable “non maestro” is limited to 24 psi peak? Regardless of slider position.
The file is looking for tq targets instead?

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
Hit the TQ limit

Got it. Those limits seem a bit lower than the limits I have seen on the IS20 base Maestro file. This is an IS38 R file though.

NSchultz7

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2020 Turbo Blue S4
Correct it is on the adjustable file, not full maestro. Is there a way around the tq limit? Im running the stage 1 tcu tune.

NSchultz7

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2020 Turbo Blue S4
Or are you talking the tq limit of the file? Thinking back to the run with corrections it's definitely possible I hit a bump. I know the clean one was a smooth road for sure.
But if I'm hitting the tq limit of the file then it doesn't really matter what changes I make anyway...

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Or are you talking the tq limit of the file? Thinking back to the run with corrections it's definitely possible I hit a bump. I know the clean one was a smooth road for sure.
But if I'm hitting the tq limit of the file then it doesn't really matter what changes I make anyway...

This is a standard ED file?

The wastegate behavior is all over the map. no offense but this car can't feel good at WOT.

Torque Limit:

Your wastegate:

This is the wastegate behavior of my car as a reference, and i'll actually get it a bit smoother when i dial in at my final boost level:

NSchultz7

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2020 Turbo Blue S4
No offense taken at all. Thank you for the help! Yes it is the standard stage 1.5 adjustable file. That is all that is done to the car. Is it just that a car without a downpipe can't hit 25psi+? Or is it just since I'm hitting the tq limit and that's the file's way of adjusting? I just reflashed the file and took it down to 24psi from 28. Set octane to 93. Will relog and see if the behavior changes.

Hoon

Autocross Champion
No offense taken at all. Thank you for the help! Yes it is the standard stage 1.5 adjustable file. That is all that is done to the car. Is it just that a car without a downpipe can't hit 25psi+? Or is it just since I'm hitting the tq limit and that's the file's way of adjusting? I just reflashed the file and took it down to 24psi from 28. Set octane to 93. Will relog and see if the behavior changes.

The limits are ultimately defined in the file, not by the sliders. The sliders allow you to adjust up to the limit.

Your boost limit in those logs was 25.6psi, if you had the sliders at 28, than 25.6 is the limit for that file.

This seems sensible to me, you still have a stock cat which doesn't flow very well, and you're putting a lot more heat into it than was intended.

The boost target was reduced at the point of the TQ limit, but raised back to 25.6 after the calculated TQ moved away from the limit.

NSchultz7

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2020 Turbo Blue S4
The limits are ultimately defined in the file, not by the sliders. The sliders allow you to adjust up to the limit.

Your boost limit in those logs was 25.6psi, if you had the sliders at 28, than 25.6 is the limit for that file.

This seems sensible to me, you still have a stock cat which doesn't flow very well, and you're putting a lot more heat into it than was intended.

The boost target was reduced at the point of the TQ limit, but raised back to 25.6 after the calculated TQ moved away from the limit.

So it sounds like the torque limit of the file is causing the wastegate problem as well as the boost target vs. actual difference? Is that right? I'm unsure of what to do from here. Is this just par for the course on the standard adjustable file? Or do I need to talk to Chris? Should I flash back to stock and log to ensure there are no hardware problems? Sorry for all the questions.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
So it sounds like the torque limit of the file is causing the wastegate problem as well as the boost target vs. actual difference? Is that right? I'm unsure of what to do from here. Is this just par for the course on the standard adjustable file? Or do I need to talk to Chris? Should I flash back to stock and log to ensure there are no hardware problems? Sorry for all the questions.

You need Maestro so you can raise the torque target. Or be happy with this power level. It's not a "problem" IMO, the WG is doing it's job. It could be smoother, yeah.

Might also try a bit less E85.

Hoon

Autocross Champion
You need Maestro

Ultimately, this is what it comes down to.

Also need a downpipe if you want to play at high boost levels safely...then you can raise the boost a bit and go from there.

You're at the limit of the tune, which is put in place to protect you from melting your stock cat.

Zx2man

Ready to race!
Yeah Maestro is going to be the sweetspot. IF I had fairly convenient access to e85, I have Sam dial me in a e30-e40 tune, call it a day. But I dont. I got 1 station that is smack in middle of Portland *traffic blows* so F that. But least I can grab my gas can fill it up, run 2.5 gal of e85 dial my timing up a lil and hopefully be around 300 ish whp. Then I can mess with the slider when im making trips out of town on pump.