GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Eurodyne Updates

razorlab

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
15' GTI, 18" AT
Perfect. I was most interested in the trim effect. I have set the parameters to active (1). I used the factory 85% value, but will test my local ethanol to check content just to be more precise.

I imagine that based off of your description, that these settings help adjust the fueling to accommodate for the additional ethanol, and the slider settings can then be adjusted after to test/optimize timing advance/knock values.

FYI, tested this yesterday, it indeed works as I described. However I don't have active/inactive settings with my 1.8T ROM. It just works when you put a % in the table and it is global.

dwvw

Go Kart Newbie
So how do I get launch control with stage 3 TCU? Do I disable launch control in the ECU tune? I'm confused. I guess if I go back to stage 1 TCU I'll be fine again.

The new ECU tuning takes care of the launch control.

Quebster

Autocross Newbie
How exactly do you "pre-load" the drivetrain? I'm not a 1/4 or stoplight racing guy, so launching the car is something I'm not used to. I also have the worst clutch for it, but I want to play with it, especially once my new tires come in :D

mw1978

Ready to race!
OTS stage 2 93 octan vs 91 octan. Is there any ignition difference?
Asking because with stage 2,93 octan my ignition rise to 18!
Wondering what is better higher ignition with lower boost or higher boost with lower ignition?

mw1978

Ready to race!
Looks good. I bet it hauls.
Ya it’s fun to drive but I will try 91 octane tune and see how it does.
Maybe ignition will be lower so I can rise more.
I also need spark plugs because using stock...

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
Yep new plugs will definitely help. You're timing is high though!

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the max timing while still making power is 15-16°. Above that I don't think it makes any more. You may be able to turn down the timing and up the boost on the top end. Obviously the only way to document the changes and if they make power would be on the dyno though.

mw1978

Ready to race!
Yep new plugs will definitely help. You're timing is high though!

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the max timing while still making power is 15-16°. Above that I don't think it makes any more. You may be able to turn down the timing and up the boost on the top end. Obviously the only way to document the changes and if they make power would be on the dyno though.
Thanks for reply!
Now there is drama whitch plugs buy? Ngk racing Denso racing IKH01-24? One or two step colder?
NGK7438-8/7438-9 or
NHK7437-9

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
Love the Brisks... Ran mine no issues for 18k miles. Only swapped them because I wanted to try a different plug.

civicdrivr

Ready to race!

mw1978

Ready to race!
BTW OBLIVIOUS

My timing is not unique! I fount few Audi S3 with ED stage 2 and they got the same timing.