GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Eurodyne Updates

Quebster

Autocross Newbie
Like this seems a little nasty to me but apparently it’s fine:

But if that were all -4 or more that would probably be bad. Not really sure where the line is. My point is some is fine though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Travis9935

Ready to race!
Like this seems a little nasty to me but apparently it’s fine:

But if that were all -4 or more that would probably be bad. Not really sure where the line is. My point is some is fine though.

Thank you for posting it like that! I f*cking hate datazap!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
You experienced guys correct me if I’m wrong... but a little “knock” (as in a negative number) on cylinders 1-4 is ok guys. Direct injection engines are highly susceptible to knock. You just don’t want a ton. Sure, less is better. But we’ve been tuning my new BT pump gas file and I have streaks of -2.5’s in some of my cylinders in some logs, and my tuner (613B6) says it’s fine. It’s ok if it doesn’t show 0 the entire time. Plus you have to remember how high the sample rate is, if you see like 5 lines of -3 for example, and then 0’s, that is like a teeny tiny little blip in time.

Yes, generally 93 tune on 93 gas is fine. Ya crazies. But you should log and make sure you’re not getting excessive knock (like what, -4 or -5 or more for a long streak in the logs?)

Sam is right. It is "fine". Timing can only advance so far on the octane and boost you run. The drop from ~6 to ~4 is not ideal but it is carrying that 6 out to whatever RPM you took it to. And if it isn't always dropping timing in that region then you know that you have it dialed in nicely.

Hockey

Ready to race!
Is there a way to check for engine knock with OBD11? I brought up the live data, not sure what to do from there.

Quebster

Autocross Newbie
Thank you for posting it like that! I f*cking hate datazap!

My man! You are welcome :D

Sam is right. It is "fine". Timing can only advance so far on the octane and boost you run. The drop from ~6 to ~4 is not ideal but it is carrying that 6 out to whatever RPM you took it to. And if it isn't always dropping timing in that region then you know that you have it dialed in nicely.

Right. I believe in my case the timing retard is mostly because of my IATs here in Texas. This is pure pump file, no E, no WMI to help, just to get the pump file good. Not all logs look as "nasty" as that, but some do. And other times they are pretty damn clean.

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
Quick question:

How long does it take to switch between MAPs? Want to know if it is safe to do without a tender.

Flashed to stage 1.5 this weekend with the Stage 1 DSG. Want to try out 1.5HT and 1.5 Base Maestro.

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Quick question:

How long does it take to switch between MAPs? Want to know if it is safe to do without a tender.

Flashed to stage 1.5 this weekend with the Stage 1 DSG. Want to try out 1.5HT and 1.5 Base Maestro.
Like a minute, its safe. Only long flash is initial

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

mw1978

Ready to race!
Guys could someone tell me what advantages is when I use better octan fuel than my OTS file is designed? I’m using fuel RON 100 with stage 2 93 octan and my ign rise to 16.8 at red line. Some say it’s OK some say it’s too agresive...