GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Eurodyne Updates

TrinivdubOG

Go Kart Newbie
Decided to try water/meth and switched over to the adjustable (93/26) and it helped out a lot both with IAT temps as well as reduce knock considerably, still pulling a bit though. Ambient was around 25/26 C and running on 91 fuel, as that is what is available here.

https://datazap.me/u/trinivdub/2018714-taste-meth?log=0&data=1

Please let me know what you guys think. In my haste after installing the meth and updating the tune i forgot to log the charge air pressure *facepalm*....will most likely try pulling some again this week.

TDI Matt

Ready to race!
AZ GTI, If you run E30 you can probably put timing slider to 95 with no issues. Ethanol is the magic ingredient. IN canada, we don't have it at pumps so I am envious of you guys lol. On 94, I can run the slider up to 93 and get little to no corrections. 94 slider is riddled with correction. Keep in mind, on the 93 slider, I get a max timing advance of around 9 degrees. On e30, with 94 I can run it up to 100 octane and get almost 18 degrees of advance with ZERO corrections. At that level, with IS38, I honestly think my car would eclipse the 400whp mark...it feels fast as hell, to me anyways.

How many psi are you running?

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
No fast cars run low boost with 40* timing. Timing is second priority over moving air. I see that some people seem to disagree with me, but that's why they are slow.
My point is, this whole tapering thing and increasing timing is overkill. All you are doing is lessening the burden on the shaft of the turbo and therefore lowering the odds of failure - but you are going slower.
If you start giving up 5-6* timing because of heat that is a different issue, but running 1-2 psi more up top usually won't increase cylinder pressures enough to warrant a loss of that much timing.

MK7MattMan

No fast cars run low boost with 40* timing. Timing is second priority over moving air. I see that some people seem to disagree with me, but that's why they are slow.
My point is, this whole tapering thing and increasing timing is overkill. All you are doing is lessening the burden on the shaft of the turbo and therefore lowering the odds of failure - but you are going slower.
If you start giving up 5-6* timing because of heat that is a different issue, but running 1-2 psi more up top usually won't increase cylinder pressures enough to warrant a loss of that much timing.

I was hoping you'd chime in. From what I've seen from my testing you are correct. No need to taper that much. But I'm glad I've messed with it as now I have boost control very well figured out along with putting in some fail-safes for so I don't overspin the turbo when I go to the mountains once or twice a year.

MauricioGTI

Go Kart Newbie
AZ GTI, If you run E30 you can probably put timing slider to 95 with no issues. Ethanol is the magic ingredient. IN canada, we don't have it at pumps so I am envious of you guys lol. On 94, I can run the slider up to 93 and get little to no corrections. 94 slider is riddled with correction. Keep in mind, on the 93 slider, I get a max timing advance of around 9 degrees. On e30, with 94 I can run it up to 100 octane and get almost 18 degrees of advance with ZERO corrections. At that level, with IS38, I honestly think my car would eclipse the 400whp mark...it feels fast as hell, to me anyways.

In Brazil we have e25 already mixed with high octane gasoline (podium) with 97iad 102ron, my car with IC Wagner, Dremel intake with K & N inbox and that fuel did not support the more aggressive REVO map with almost 18 * of timing.
I added some ethanol from the pump making a mix of e37 and pretty much zeroed out my corrections.

https://datazap.me/u/mauricio-wallau/log-1532001920?log=0&data=0-3-4-5-6

Timing E25 vs E37

https://datazap.me/u/mauricio-wallau/log-1532001878?log=0&data=0

Boost

know the topic here is eurodyne but I always like to get more information.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Decided to try water/meth and switched over to the adjustable (93/26) and it helped out a lot both with IAT temps as well as reduce knock considerably, still pulling a bit though. Ambient was around 25/26 C and running on 91 fuel, as that is what is available here.

https://datazap.me/u/trinivdub/2018714-taste-meth?log=0&data=1

Please let me know what you guys think. In my haste after installing the meth and updating the tune i forgot to log the charge air pressure *facepalm*....will most likely try pulling some again this week.

Looks great.

dub_guy

Ready to race!
So I think I'm about the tune my car tonight. Any general advice?

Tablet is fully charged, battery charger is ready to be attached, and I know the importance of a quality internet connection.

Only thing I am worried about is if the cheap Win10 tablet is good enough to do the initial flash...

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
So I think I'm about the tune my car tonight. Any general advice?

Tablet is fully charged, battery charger is ready to be attached, and I know the importance of a quality internet connection.

Only thing I am worried about is if the cheap Win10 tablet is good enough to do the initial flash...

My cheap tablet has flashed it over 10 times. You good. Just turn any automatic updates off and any power saving stuff/screen savers (dont let it go to sleep!) I move the cursor every few minutes just in case.