GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Eurodyne Updates

migzzz1103

Do you guys have any input on tuning for the CTS BOSS 500 kit.... I know there is a base map file on maestro as per Eurodyne, im going to be tuning the car at a shop that is a certified eurodyne dealer but what are the chances I could tune and adjust myself. Im not experienced with making adjustments on my own and one guy told be that the base map is set a 4 bar which is 58psi??? Idk haha any help would be appreciated.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Do you guys have any input on tuning for the CTS BOSS 500 kit.... I know there is a base map file on maestro as per Eurodyne, im going to be tuning the car at a shop that is a certified eurodyne dealer but what are the chances I could tune and adjust myself. Im not experienced with making adjustments on my own and one guy told be that the base map is set a 4 bar which is 58psi??? Idk haha any help would be appreciated.

https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/member.php?u=12570

pieguy

Ready to race!

I would not go tuning a Big Turbo on your own without a thorough understanding of what you're doing. Maestro is complicated enough that if you do it wrong, you risk irreparable damage to your vehicle. Diggs link to Moose (wy2sl0) tuning is a good idea.

You can't even read above 30 psi without switching out the MAP sensor on our cars so you're limited to tune past 30 psi too.

pieguy

Ready to race!
Hmm. USP doesn't seem to offer the DSG package with it.

This is a point of confusion I had to call USP about. The DSG tune is something you buy from the ED website once your maestro is registered. Once you have Maestro, the cost is $375 for the DSG tunes. If you're buying only the DSG tune and don't have Maestro or other base tunes, you'd pay the full amount.

TDI Matt

Ready to race!
Is there an acceptable amount of timing pull that we should not be concerned about? I though I read somewhere it was like 3 degrees and below is acceptable.

Opinions?

Zx2man

Ready to race!
Last few days when i drive into a parking lot and go slow less that 10mph, it stays in 2nd gear and feels like its almost stalling. This is usually in standard D mode.
I flashed the latest dsg tune couple months ago, and everything was groovy and shiting fine til now. The only difference lately has been the temperature here last 10 days- mid 90s, hotter than usual.

jybyrd

Go Kart Champion
Is there an acceptable amount of timing pull that we should not be concerned about? I though I read somewhere it was like 3 degrees and below is acceptable.

Opinions?
Less than 2* on a single cylinder is fine, Imo. Any pull across multiple cylinders highlights a spot in the tune that needs to be adjusted.

I ignore almost any knock during spool and at the shift.

At the end of the day, it's up to you and your comfort level. I'm going to have this car for a long time, so I generally tune for zero timing pull.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

TDI Matt

Ready to race!
Less than 2* on a single cylinder is fine, Imo. Any pull across multiple cylinders highlights a spot in the tune that needs to be adjusted.

I ignore almost any knock during spool and at the shift.

At the end of the day, it's up to you and your comfort level. I'm going to have this car for a long time, so I generally tune for zero timing pull.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

With elevation and ACN91 I don’t think I can run anything over 5 degrees of timing :( it may be time to run e30.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
I think the 91 is for Canadian 91. Which is equal or better than our 93. I mean look at our DSG shift points on ED. 5th into 6th is at 62mph. Seems arbitrary but its 100kph. I wouldn't recommend running a 91 tune on 91 or a 93 file on 93. Look at these blown turbo and motor posts. "I was running 93 gas on a 93 file.". POP. Probably never logged it to see what it was doing. knocking like a motherfucker until something gave....

dwvw

Go Kart Newbie
I think the 91 is for Canadian 91. Which is equal or better than our 93. I mean look at our DSG shift points on ED. 5th into 6th is at 62mph. Seems arbitrary but its 100kph. I wouldn't recommend running a 91 tune on 91 or a 93 file on 93. Look at these blown turbo and motor posts. "I was running 93 gas on a 93 file.". POP. Probably never logged it to see what it was doing. knocking like a motherfucker until something gave....

Canada and the US use the same octane rating system, AKI.