GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Eurodyne Updates

Dubstro

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 2dr GTI 6MT
I’m running IS38 plus HPFP on E50, haven’t dynoed yet, but I’m close to 400 ft/lb so I was thinking stage 2 would hold more and would be better. Just concerned about drivability, but I keep it in manual mode 95% of the time.

I had some drivability issues initially but after contacting ED about revised tunes I saw on FB, the files below were made available for my car. You can flash stage 2 or stage 1 and see which works for you. If these exact files don't work for your car, I'm sure he would upload file that would work. It can be subjective but both of these are great on my daily commute.

harmsy

Thanks for the feedback. I find the Stage 1 version I have hunts gears a bit too due to the fact that upshift and downshift points are pretty close, e.g the 4th > 5th range is only 58km/h to 61km/h, so in a 60km/h speed zone it's frequently up and down.

I've had a number of emails with ED just to get this file, as other recent Stage 1 files have been worse with one version having an upshift point in Drive of 3k.

Stage 1 is less Agressive than the high strung stage 2. Stage 2 is always in the sweet spot. Mine hunted gears at 35... 4th gear to 3rd gear.. Back and forth. When I manually hit the paddles to shift to 4th it would just go back. (cruise at 35) It was way to Agressive for my style city driving. Fun otherwise! Just not for daily use.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Travis9935

Ready to race!
Thanks for the feedback. I find the Stage 1 version I have hunts gears a bit too due to the fact that upshift and downshift points are pretty close, e.g the 4th > 5th range is only 58km/h to 61km/h, so in a 60km/h speed zone it's frequently up and down.

I've had a number of emails with ED just to get this file, as other recent Stage 1 files have been worse with one version having an upshift point in Drive of 3k.
To us that 60km/h is 37 mph, I suppose with the two different km/h & mph it would be hard to please everyone. You'd need a us spec vs other world spec. Mine is fine with our 30-35-40-45 mph limits around town now with this stage 1. It does hold onto gears longer when slowing down. I wish it had the downshift a little more quicker like the stage 2 but I'm good with this. I have paddles if I don't like it.

harmsy

Yeh I had come to that conclusion too. ED is based on Canada though, don't they have km/h? But i think ED's main market by a really long way would be the US so it would make sense to tune around mph.

Speed limits aside, I personally reckon that it downshifts a bit too quick in Drive mode, so to your point, it's a really hard job to please everyone. We all have different styles, different roads and traffic behavior to content with. I don't envy being on the other end of that ED support inbox :D

To us that 60km/h is 37 mph, I suppose with the two different km/h & mph it would be hard to please everyone. You'd need a us spec vs other world spec. Mine is fine with our 30-35-40-45 mph limits around town now with this stage 1. It does hold onto gears longer when slowing down. I wish it had the downshift a little more quicker like the stage 2 but I'm good with this. I have paddles if I don't like it.

Travis9935

Ready to race!
Yeh I had come to that conclusion too. ED is based on Canada though, don't they have km/h? But i think ED's main market by a really long way would be the US so it would make sense to tune around mph.

Speed limits aside, I personally reckon that it downshifts a bit too quick in Drive mode, so to your point, it's a really hard job to please everyone. We all have different styles, different roads and traffic behavior to content with. I don't envy being on the other end of that ED support inbox :D
To quick? I mean like when I'm cruising along at 40-45 and come around a turn where I have to slow down. It stays in 5th gear down to like 1500 rpms. Doesn't shift to 3 or 4. The stage 2 was hyper add. It was always shifting to the meaty zone. If only there was a way to have it exactly like stage 2 reg drive mode into stage 1's sport mode. It would be perfect. For me anyway.

BronxBomber

Ready to race!
I’m confused. Are you guys talking only about D mode. I never ever use D. I want to know how sport mode is and how fast shifts with paddle are. Like stated previously, I use paddles 95% of the time. Only time I’ll ever use D is if I’m in bumper traffic bumper traffic.

harmsy

Yep too quick. For me Stage 1 down shifts at around 2000. Maybe 1900. Upshifts are around 2300 or 2400. This doesn't allow much range when cruising in stop start traffic on my commute, and is always downshifting when I don't want it to.

To quick? I mean like when I'm cruising along at 40-45 and come around a turn where I have to slow down. It stays in 5th gear down to like 1500 rpms. Doesn't shift to 3 or 4. The stage 2 was hyper add. It was always shifting to the meaty zone. If only there was a way to have it exactly like stage 2 reg drive mode into stage 1's sport mode. It would be perfect. For me anyway.

harmsy

Yes we're talking D mode. I use D at least 80% of the time, especially on my daily commute. I drive right into the CBD of my city so contend with a heap of stop start traffic so a smooth and sedate Drive mode is important to me.

Sport mode in my latest Stage 1 file (labelled '91FR') is really good. Upshifts when accelerating normally are at around 3000 (except 1>2 is lower, around 2500), but it will rev out easily with more throttle. Downshifts are around 2000.

Sport and Manual mode in this file is hard for me to fault really. I also had some overheat warnings with launch control in a previous version, which is all sorted out in this file too.

I’m confused. Are you guys talking only about D mode. I never ever use D. I want to know how sport mode is and how fast shifts with paddle are. Like stated previously, I use paddles 95% of the time. Only time I’ll ever use D is if I’m in bumper traffic bumper traffic.

SAPGTI

Ready to race!
What's going on y'all?

I picked up a 2015 GTI and after reading up to see who was doing tunes these days, settled on Eurodyne.

Ordered it up, plugged it in and was presented with the various files.

Now for my question and forgive me for not reading through 700 or so pages. On their site, which I realize is rarely updated, it says stage 1.5 70hp/70tq on 91 octane. Of course, there wasn't just a straight 91 octane stage 1.5 file available. There were high torque versions, but I don't have the DSG tune yet. There was one listed as 1.5 adjustable, so that's what I went with. Set the octane to 91 since I'm stuck in the no fun state of CA and left the boost alone for now. Was that the proper file? I couldn't see any other options. Want to make sure I'm getting the most bang for my buck .... at least until I spend more bucks for more bang.

So far, the tune feels good. Super smooth. I'm impressed.

SAPGTI

Ready to race!
Thanks. I'll have to double check, but I think the PSI was around 21 when I checked previously. I could creep that up. I really have no reason to overdo it and the car pulls well as is, but if I can squeeze a bit more out, I may give it a shot.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Use the built in logger to see what it's doing. 91 timing might still be too high.

Click on diagnostics button
Click "get controller info"
select all variables button and all should fill in on the right
click ok
a new window will pop up and you should see some of variables giving data in realtime. On that window will be a start and stop buttons. Easy peasy. Get to 3rd at 3000rpm, hit start, floor it. Wind out 3rd. Hit stop. Take the .csv file(s) that it saves (your logs) and get a datazap account and put them there. Post them up here.