GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Eurodyne Updates

THEREALVRT

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf R
So, I used one of the *EDIT:Mahle IS38 wastegates from Mamba on EBay. They come with an extension for the end of the wastegate rod. Long story short, got the car back on a lift yesterday and found that this extension had completely fallen off on my drive home, and my wastegate was left unattached, lol. So yeah, EPC light and no boost, but at least it wasn't stuck shut.

Thanks to Josh Pelcman (henceforth known as the Wastegate Guru) on FB going through this before and keeping all of the specs for the hardware of the extension he made, I managed to put together my own extension piece using nuts and bolts from a local hardware store and snugged everything up real nice, using blue Loctite as well to be super sure. Checked the actuator voltage via VCDS (want it around 3.7V), all good, ran some tests, drove it around, no EPC light, checked actuator voltage again, right where I left it.

Seriously, if you have wastegate issues, PM me and I'll be happy to help, or PM Josh Pelcman on the FB page. Wastegate Guru. Normally it's no big deal on the OEM turbos, but on the BT kits where you transfer the OEM wastegate over, there are a lot more variables introduced that require more intricate tweaking, and the IS20 wastegate is allegedly 100x harder to get right than the IS38 wastegate (again, just on the aftermarket turbos)

So now all is well! Got v1 of my Maestro tune from Sam as well. Currently at about 100 miles on the break-in of engine/turbo/clutch on break-in oil, so not touching redline or high boost just yet, but I'm not really being too soft on it either. Going to be changing oil/filter tomorrow morning with fresh break-in oil for another 500-1000 miles, then on to some conventional oil for a couple of 500 mile intervals, then finally back to full synthetic.

Anyway, sorry for the long story. I finally have my car back after almost 5 months and am beyond excited. Honestly, I completely forgot how it was driving it after driving a '99 Jetta TDI around these last few months, so it's like the car is new all over again, and I love it.

glad you figured it out. looking forward to the results.

613B6

Ready to race!
The journey begins Kirk! Didnt realize you been on this build for so long. Time to make some jam.

Mr.boles

Ready to race!
Can anyone tell me if my actual low fuel pressure looks right. It doesn’t seem to follow the request at all. It just stays at 11 bar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TDI Matt

Ready to race!
So I ran again, a couple of you saw my IS38 adjustable file set at 25 psi and 91. Well to humor myself I raised it to 26 to see what happens. results were interesting. Timing pull was less today with the same gas in the tank and only 5 degrees cooler out. Sorry for the couple hiccups coming off throttle.

Timing correction is less on 1 more psi. Hmm

https://datazap.me/u/phsycomatt89/is38-26-psi-91oct?log=0&data=1-16-17-18-19-22
https://datazap.me/u/phsycomatt89/is38-26-psi-91oct-2?log=0&data=1

Thanks for the input!

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

NBMK7GTI

Go Kart Newbie
I just finally got my is38 in and flashed the file. Ive been running the old dsg tune for a while. Should I flash a new dsg file or is the old one fine? I'm not really looking for problems with a dsg at the moment.

worldacgti

Go Kart Champion
the new stage 1 dsg tune is much better. Flash it. be prepared for a few oddities initially but after it adapts, its good to go

Travis9935

Ready to race!
Im opposite, mine was good after adapt then a month later thre oddities started. It behaves different every time I drive it it seems like. Good then bad, good then bad. I'm hoping it's just the below zero Temps.

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Question for you maestro guys, I'm installing my is38 this weekend probably and as of right now I'm running a jb4 and I have bms water/meth, when you do your maestro tunes do you have to do your logging without the meth running because I'm assuming the eurodyne is plugged into the obd so my jb4 would not be able to control the meth. If this is the case how do you tune for/with the meth.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

worldacgti

Go Kart Champion
eurodyne does not need to be plugged in on day to day....flash and go. only time you need to plug in is to flash or datatlog. You can still keep your JB4 to control meth

railroader

Autocross Newbie
eurodyne does not need to be plugged in on day to day....flash and go. only time you need to plug in is to flash or datatlog. You can still keep your JB4 to control meth
That's what I'm saying basically is I can't tune with the meth cause I can't log with the meth active. I'm just not familiar with maestro and how you do it. Could I log with the jb4 and tune accordingly with maestro

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk