GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Euro Impulse Beware!!!

tommygun1

Passed Driver's Ed
Here is my recent nightmare experience with Euro Impulse...I purchased one of their replacement MK7 shift boots (because it comes with the silver trim piece) on March 30, 2022. I immediately received a confirmation email and tracking number. Months go by and I almost completely forget that I even ordered the product. I recheck my bank statement and emails realizing that I still haven't received the product. I check the supplied tracking number to see that the product was never even delivered to USPS, let alone shipped out.

I immediately send an email out on 6/28 to the contact email on my confirmation email. One day goes by and I get no response. I check out their Instagram page and see that they are still active, and send them a DM, no response. I send them another email on 7/3 from the contact info supplied on their Instagram page, still no response.

At this point I am debating contacting AMEX, but I really just want the product and am still giving euro impulse the benefit of the doubt. I see their account recently posted on Instagram and I immediately comment asking for them to respond to my DM and emails in regards to the product I never received. Within a few minutes they deleted my comment and at this point I knew they were fucking me.

Luckily, AMEX is taking care of it. Now I am on a mission to make sure everyone knows of my experience, and hopefully they stay away from Euro Impulse.

7/15 Update 1: The IG manager finally replied to my 6/29 DM saying " Hello there, I am actually just the social media manager, I have sent over a note to our manager to get your order replied to via email. Apologies on the delays as we are extremely short staffed. Thank you"

7/15 Update 2: Finally got any email back saying " Hello Thomas, sorry for the delayed response. I have opened a trace on your package, and am waiting for a callback about it’s current status. If they do not provide a status by the end of the day we will send a new one out to you. Thank you so much for your patience."

7/15 Update 3: Another email
"I am extremely sorry that it went this far. Super unprofessional on our end. I will accept the chargeback request once we get it, and I’m also going to make sure you get that shift boot. This one is on us. Hope you can forgive us.
Regards"

I can appreciate that they're admitting fault and are trying to remedy the situation. I wish things never went this far but unfortunately they did.

Last edited:

gixxerfool

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
Thanks for the heads up.

You still looking for a boot? I have a brand new DSG unit in my basement. I bought it for the silver trim and it was replaced under the recall.

tommygun1

Passed Driver's Ed
Guess who replied to my IG DM nearly instantly this morning.

I told them “what people are saying” and they got all defensive immediately. I definitely wouldn’t do any business with them.
The IG manager finally replied to my 6/29 DM saying " Hello there, I am actually just the social media manager, I have sent over a note to our manager to get your order replied to via email. Apologies on the delays as we are extremely short staffed. Thank you"

IDK how being the manager of the social media platform exempts you from performing basic customer service.

tommygun1

Passed Driver's Ed
Update:

Finally got any email back saying " Hello Thomas, sorry for the delayed response. I have opened a trace on your package, and am waiting for a callback about it’s current status. If they do not provide a status by the end of the day we will send a new one out to you. Thank you so much for your patience."

Little too late I'm afraid.

tommygun1

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks for the heads up.

You still looking for a boot? I have a brand new DSG unit in my basement. I bought it for the silver trim and it was replaced under the recall.
Na. I've just come to accept the pile of junk my car is at this point. The shift boot is the least of my concerns.

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
The IG manager finally replied to my 6/29 DM saying " Hello there, I am actually just the social media manager, I have sent over a note to our manager to get your order replied to via email. Apologies on the delays as we are extremely short staffed. Thank you"

IDK how being the manager of the social media platform exempts you from performing basic customer service.
Because it's two different departments. It's not uncommon for this to happen.

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
Update:

Finally got any email back saying " Hello Thomas, sorry for the delayed response. I have opened a trace on your package, and am waiting for a callback about it’s current status. If they do not provide a status by the end of the day we will send a new one out to you. Thank you so much for your patience."

Little too late I'm afraid.
Why is it a little too late? When a company uses USPS, they don't always scan the packages once they are picked up. A business does not become aware of a shipping issue until it arises. I think they did alright in this instance. Were they a little slow? Yes, maybe they were putting in a claim and forgot to email you back about it at first.

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Why is it a little too late? When a company uses USPS, they don't always scan the packages once they are picked up. A business does not become aware of a shipping issue until it arises. I think they did alright in this instance. Were they a little slow? Yes, maybe they were putting in a claim and forgot to email you back about it at first.
I think we have different meaning of what alright is in terms customer service.

They responded to his email two and half weeks after the first one was send, there was a follow up email from him, and DM's on their social platform. They only looked into it when he got more forceful in getting a response from them and went public with his issue. I don't find it acceptable to have to resort to the modern version of yelling in the town square before I get a response from a company. This should have been handled two weeks ago.

tommygun1

Passed Driver's Ed
Because it's two different departments. It's not uncommon for this to happen.
I get that the social media manager could be managing multiple accounts for various vendors, he should still either reply to the dm or forward it to customer service department, not ignore an issue for half a month...Regardless I am not upset with the social media manager, I am frustrated with the customer service of the business.
Because I already disputed the charge with my cc and I am lucky they even accepted it since this was purchased in March. That is a possibility, but it still doesn't negate the glacial like response time...A little slow? Half a month to respond is acceptable to you? Not to mention the website doesn't have any contact info. I had to first dig through the conformation email for an email address and then go to the Instagram page for their actual email address.

mike-y

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI / 2016 R
I know people rely on digital media/communication these days, but for something like this, I'd pick up the phone and call them. There is a much better chance that your issue will be addressed if you talk to someone on the phone. There is no excuse for not answering an email, but sometimes these places can get 100s of emails a day, and it's nearly impossible to keep up. so I can see you'd get a very delayed response if you just email them.

that said, them deleting your comment is shady af tho.

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
I think we have different meaning of what alright is in terms customer service.

They responded to his email two and half weeks after the first one was send, there was a follow up email from him, and DM's on their social platform. They only looked into it when he got more forceful in getting a response from them and went public with his issue. I don't find it acceptable to have to resort to the modern version of yelling in the town square before I get a response from a company. This should have been handled two weeks ago.

Buy from reputable companies, especially those that don't have a website that looks like it was made by a junior high student, and at least lists a phone number to be contacted on. Honestly what do you expect?