GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT Prototype Turbo Results

vw671

Autocross Newbie

91octane and e48

To prove 5150 dyno numbers are low as stated I put my car on another Dyno today.

Last edited:

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
To prove 5150 dyno numbers are low as stated I put my car on a Dynojet today.

That's a huge difference. I know that those are wheel numbers but it's almost like one is quoting HP and torque at the crank and the other one is at the wheels. I didn't know that dynos could be that much different.

vw671

Autocross Newbie
That's a huge difference. I know that those are wheel numbers but it's almost like one is quoting HP and torque at the crank and the other one is at the wheels. I didn't know that dynos could be that much different.

Its more important to know what other similar cars make on a specific dyno. Numbers should only be compared if they came from the same dyno.

For instance my friends full e85 GTi is20 car made 367whp on this same Dynojet.

Last edited:

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Its more important to know what other similar cars make on a specific dyno. Numbers should only be compared if they came from the same dyno.

For instance my friends full e85 GTi is20 car made 367whp on this same Dynojet.

I think that there should be industry standards so that dynos read closer to the same.

iTsLiKeAnEgG

Ready to race!
Looks like Ed @ EQT is testing Cobb MPI on his own car. This is where Ed left off last night, tune is incomplete, this is with the larger exhaust housing that is for sale:

Last edited:

billbadass

Drag Racing Champion
thanks. super interesting

man Ed is a true cowboy running 580whp on stock bottom end! maybe a stock bottom end mk7 record?

will be really interesting to see how the spool/torque difference is with full E85 vs his previous E50 or whatever tunes he running before, that power under the curve is what will make his trap speed and 60-130 although maybe the stock bottom end is limiting him at this point too. awesome.

Last edited:

iTsLiKeAnEgG

Ready to race!
I'm in the process of a build including the IE short block, Ferrea valve springs, the larger EQT exhaust housing and misc bits. Will be interesting to see how it does, not necessarily targeting maximum output.

Navi

Autocross Champion

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion
Looks like Ed @ EQT is testing Cobb MPI on his own car. This is where Ed left off last night, tune is incomplete, this is with the larger exhaust housing that is for sale:

Wow I thought this bigger turbine housing was only supposed to yield another 20 to 30 whp. How did they get another 80?