GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
Negative... you have 3 RPM levels that you can select by applying varying throttle angles.

-- Ed
Interesting. I’m gonna have to do some more testing then. I’m over here like guys my car makes too much power wahhh.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Can any experts give me their opinion on my logs and if everything is good? I was told that my rail pressure is dropping too low because faulty hpfp? No drivability concerns or check engine lights. Besides that does everything else looks good? Car is 2019 Golf R

https://datazap.me/u/mrfixit/log-1676241624?log=0&data=8-14
That rail pressure raises my eyebrow, but I will let someone else more experienced on this platform chime in. If it were me, I would replace the hpfp.

yakboyslim

Go Kart Champion
Can any experts give me their opinion on my logs and if everything is good? I was told that my rail pressure is dropping too low because faulty hpfp? No drivability concerns or check engine lights. Besides that does everything else looks good? Car is 2019 Golf R

https://datazap.me/u/mrfixit/log-1676241624?log=0&data=8-14
I'm definitely not the most knowledgable, but normally a hpfp has issues in the middle rpms then recovers at the top end (since it is spinning faster). Yours does that, but then keeps going down at the top end, making me think maybe this is lpfp issues?

Not MPI correct?

yakboyslim

Go Kart Champion
Not MPI. Only mods are stage2/dsg, intake, tip, downpipe, intercooler, sparkplugs, grounding kit
So when troubleshooting just remember you don't actually have a low pressure fuel pressure sensor, so the stuff in your log is just an ECU model for that, you might still have LPFP issues.

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
That does look like a more severe pressure drop. If you had more than a half tank of fuel, its likely your HPFP.

-- Ed

Tyler230

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Will EQT's ethanol tunes be compatible with the new HPFP 034 just released? I'm not sure how the flow rates compare.

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
Will EQT's ethanol tunes be compatible with the new HPFP 034 just released? I'm not sure how the flow rates compare.
We haven't tested them yet, but they should work just fine with our tunes. We're carrying the pumps on our site as well.

-- Ed

RLynch

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Im using a second hand EQT tune on my R at the moment but I am about to order a new one so I can get revisions. For the burbles in sport mode, there are like 5-6 pops that happen every time you lift off. Can you adjust it so that its a bit more irregular and maybe only like 2-3 more inconsistent burbles/pops?
Also, for the Golf R I should stick with stock traction and launch control? Ive heard the COBB stuff is better suited for the GTI.

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
Im using a second hand EQT tune on my R at the moment but I am about to order a new one so I can get revisions. For the burbles in sport mode, there are like 5-6 pops that happen every time you lift off. Can you adjust it so that its a bit more irregular and maybe only like 2-3 more inconsistent burbles/pops?
Also, for the Golf R I should stick with stock traction and launch control? Ive heard the COBB stuff is better suited for the GTI.

Customization of burbles and other things are available at an extra cost.

For a DSG Golf R I recommend sticking with stock TC and LC.

-- Ed

hexdriver

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2016 Golf R MT
Hi all, does going with the euro MPI make a difference on carbon buildup? I want to go ahead and tune my car, debating going with the OTS eqt tune or doing the manifold and going with the custom e-tune

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
Hi all, does going with the euro MPI make a difference on carbon buildup? I want to go ahead and tune my car, debating going with the OTS eqt tune or doing the manifold and going with the custom e-tune

I am not sure if it will totally clean already-caked valves so I’d still suggest getting a carbon blast at the same time. But yes - it would prevent it from building up if you installed it.