GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
I'm not sure how you set up your boost leak tested, but generally the two things that don't get tested are the DV and compressor outlet connection (TMD o-ring and the coupler/clamp that connect to the discharge pipe. That's where I'd look first. There's no good way to test the DV without swapping it out.

-- Ed
Thanks @Ed @ EQT. I’m going to be taking a look at the DV to ensure its assemble properly as I had to swap that from my is20.

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
I'm not sure how you set up your boost leak tested, but generally the two things that don't get tested are the DV and compressor outlet connection (TMD o-ring and the coupler/clamp that connect to the discharge pipe. That's where I'd look first. There's no good way to test the DV without swapping it out.

-- Ed
I assume the DV is the culprit. I removed the DV and the internals do not look to be correct. The weighted section attached to the plastic vent is not secured to the DV. It will come off if pressure is not applied.
D75C8F42-9066-4483-BCB2-E88D901126EE.jpeg

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
That plastic piston is supposed to be seated in the housing. Likely your issue.

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
@Ed @ EQT i installed a new DV today and can confirm that was my boost issue. This EQT is38 and tune are super smooth and transformed my GTI to the next level! Thanks for your support.
Happy to hear you resolved the issue.

-- Ed

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
Possibly getting ahead of myself here but with the new tease of flex fueling for vw cars how is that gonna work for existing customers who wish to side grade into a flex tune? For example I have custom 93 and e85 tunes currently. Would there be an upgrade cost to have them meshed into a single tune or is it gonna be much more complicated than that? I’m actually pretty comfy just running my e85 tune and basically only switch to 93 if I have to make a road trip.

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Possibly getting ahead of myself here but with the new tease of flex fueling for vw cars how is that gonna work for existing customers who wish to side grade into a flex tune? For example I have custom 93 and e85 tunes currently. Would there be an upgrade cost to have them meshed into a single tune or is it gonna be much more complicated than that? I’m actually pretty comfy just running my e85 tune and basically only switch to 93 if I have to make a road trip.
At first it’s only going to be available via custom tuning. Once OTS tunes are out, I would imagine it would be the cost of a whole new tune since that’s really what it is.

MK7Rv3

Car(s)
8VS3
I have a 2019, and I purchased a tune on the secondary market. How can I tell if the tune is for a 2015-2018 vs 2019+?

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
Looks like a huge amount of wheel spin and wheel hop. TCU is freaking out and can't shift properly under that condition. I'd lower your launch RPM, use some traction control, and/or improve your traction.

-- Ed
Afaik my launch rpm is not adjustable. It was spinning very badly and did not shift as you said. Maybe time for for some pilot sports, awd isn’t saving me here. This was also with esc set to sport not completely off. Will they have an effect?

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
Afaik my launch rpm is not adjustable. It was spinning very badly and did not shift as you said. Maybe time for for some pilot sports, awd isn’t saving me here. This was also with esc set to sport not completely off. Will they have an effect?

Doesn't look like ESC was doing much, but might want to try with it off entirely. You can launch at lower RPM's by holding the throttle partially open for LC. Otherwise you can get some customization for your TCU file to customize the launch RPM.

-- Ed

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
Doesn't look like ESC was doing much, but might want to try with it off entirely. You can launch at lower RPM's by holding the throttle partially open for LC. Otherwise you can get some customization for your TCU file to customize the launch RPM.

-- Ed
You mean the throttle isn’t an on/off switch?