GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
i prefer typing to talking.

in fact - I cannot stand talking on the phone. It’s the most taxing thing in the world lol, drains my mental resources.

but I was born in 1993
Enough said. Lol...
1993.......dang why'd you have to post that? I was graduating the following year.....now I really feel my age lol

barische

Go Kart Champion
Cool thank you.

One last question, I have ordered a Unitronic catted downpipe (only other mod is a K&N drop in filter) and there's a 4-8 weeks shipping delay so I'm looking at what stages I should get ( first time modding this platform, previous cars were Honda/Acura).

I don't necessarily wants to go stage 2 as I track the car pretty often and I think staying a bit under 300whp "sounds" safer to me and I'm not ready to buy Intercooler/plugs yet. Oil cooler is next on the list.

I'm wondering how the stage1 EQT tune is gonna work with a DP ? Or should I just go straight for a 400$ custom tune?

Intercooler will keep your IATs down, prevent heatsoak, knock, stress, etc. also tune will further increase heat thus requiring intercooler especially on the track. you may be able to get away with running 93 octane + some (1-2gal e85) to run cooler/ prevent knock while using 91 octane tune. If you start to see knock on the track, you can always switch to stock tune too.

You should go straight for an intercooler.

beat

Car(s)
GTI 2018
Yep I changed my plan a bit. Cancelled the downpipe order and went with a intercooler instead and ordered the Cobb+EQT stg1 tune to begin with, we'll see how it goes on the track :)

kornsined

Go Kart Newbie
Is there still a major backlog? I ordered a quick revison to remove the Cobb TC & LC on my custom tune on Nov. 1. Haven’t recieved anything. Emailed about ETA on the 29th and still no reply.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Is there still a major backlog? I ordered a quick revison to remove the Cobb TC & LC on my custom tune on Nov. 1. Haven’t recieved anything. Emailed about ETA on the 29th and still no reply.
They are still backed up but since it's been almost a month I would contact them again. Your email must have got lost in the shuffle.

strikefreedom

Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Looks like I'll have to wait another year. If anyone is selling their Cobb AP with EQT 93 Stage 2 and EQT DSG, PM me. 2019 R here.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Looks like I'll have to wait another year. If anyone is selling their Cobb AP with EQT 93 Stage 2 and EQT DSG, PM me. 2019 R here.

You'd wait a whole year to save something like $100?

strikefreedom

Car(s)
2019 Golf R
The ECU and TCU tunes are $200 savings. I am currently running JB4, but still need to source the downpipe. Then there's the decision of whether to tune under warranty, so no rush.

Jshinz24

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 SE MT
If anybody gets bored and wants to see a small log I uploaded to datazap here it is lol Have a small amount of knock while pushing it pretty hard. I may go back and check the gap on the new rs7 plugs... Be gentle, it is my first time using this software and using the AP to log lol. I've just been driving it for the past couple of weeks without logging or having the AP in the car lol. I knew once I started looking at the data I would become obsessed lol

Here is the link if you're curious