EQT E-Tuning Q&A

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
DV go woo woo

GTI_Jerm

Go Kart Champion
Is it still recommended that I pull the rear o2 sensor to prevent the car from running rich? Also, can someone direct me to where that is 😔

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Is it still recommended that I pull the rear o2 sensor to prevent the car from running rich? Also, can someone direct me to where that is 😔
It's on the firewall near the battery. I don't know what color yours is but be careful not to disconnect the primary 02 sensor.
By the way I drive for a living and I tested MPG with it unplugged and plugged in and it had zero affect on MPG so I honestly don't believe the causes it to run rich claim. If having it plugged in caused it to run rich it would have had some effect in lowering fuel mileage.

Reggie Enchilada

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
yes
It's on the firewall near the battery. I don't know what color yours is but be careful not to disconnect the primary 02 sensor.
By the way I drive for a living and I tested MPG with it unplugged and plugged in and it had zero affect on MPG so I honestly don't believe the causes it to run rich claim. If having it plugged in caused it to run rich it would have had some effect in lowering fuel mileage.
Pretty sure that the tuner responsible for creating and testing these files would have the correct info about it. If they're recommending that the secondary O2 be unplugged to prevent rich conditions on WOT runs, then there's probably a reason for that recommendation. 🤷‍♂️

GTI_Jerm

Go Kart Champion
So I unplugged the black one, reflashed the car, and now I’m not getting any AFR feedback on my AP...

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Pretty sure that the tuner responsible for creating and testing these files would have the correct info about it. If they're recommending that the secondary O2 be unplugged to prevent rich conditions on WOT runs, then there's probably a reason for that recommendation. 🤷‍♂️
It's not just on WOT runs. I love EQT and have a custom dyno tune of theirs but some things they have said are incorrect. I thoroughly tested over thousands of miles with the rear 02 sensor connected and not connected and it made zero difference. They always said to run a colder plug when tuned also and are now recommending the stock heat range Ruthenium plug.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
So I unplugged the black one, reflashed the car, and now I’m not getting any AFR feedback on my AP...
Must be the wrong one.
On my car both 02 sensor connectors are black. Just plug that one back in and unplug the other one and check your AP.

GTI_Jerm

Go Kart Champion
Must be the wrong one.
On my car both 02 sensor connectors are black. Just plug that one back in and unplug the other one and check your AP.

One is black and one is grey. I just drove for a bit and it started giving me feedback, but now I’m running lean? On moderate acceleration I’m around 12.2 and it tapers up.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
One is black and one is grey. I just drove for a bit and it started giving me feedback, but now I’m running lean? On moderate acceleration I’m around 12.2 and it tapers up.
With moderate acceleration that sounds about right.

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
I can readily get 93 octane where I live. Would there be any reason to not get the EQT stage 1 for 93? I read on the website that tune is the most aggressive.