GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

Sleep7R

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2019 Golf R DSG
Got my Vortex installed! Quite happy with the results from just the base tune.

This is a 4th gear pull on a AWD Mustang dyno vs Stage 2. Unfortunately didn't get a baseline pull at stock. 55awhp gain is pretty damn good! Gonna do another run when I get some revisions done.

Only HPFP. Depending on results with the revisions, I might spring for LPFP and PM4.

I did have problems with my charge pipe popping off, so I'm definitely gonna upgrade to a more solid one.

vortex.png

Also here's a 3rd gear pull datalog: https://datazap.me/u/mbgolf7r/eqt-vortex-base-map-0?log=0&data=8-14

Last edited:

Rare Ara S3

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Audi S3, GTI
Would anyone recommend switching to an EQT DSG tune if you already had a DSG tune? Planning to switch to EQT for a custom ecu tune. Don't want to spend the money on another dsg tune if its unnecessary or splitting hairs.

NBMK7GTI

Go Kart Newbie
Would anyone recommend switching to an EQT DSG tune if you already had a DSG tune? Planning to switch to EQT for a custom ecu tune. Don't want to spend the money on another dsg tune if its unnecessary or splitting hairs.

DSG tunes are really subjective but after owning 3 different ones for the mqb cars and driving 5 different ones all together, the eqt dsg tune was hands down my favorite. I switched from the IE to eqt on my a3 and would 10/10 do it again.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG

Yes. I had the Stratified DSG tune and got the EQT DSG tune and in Drive they are about the same but the EQT Sport mode is dramatically better.

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3

ECU and DSG tunes are made hand in hand. Part throttle shift points and general drivability depend on the ECU side programmed accel pedal, load/torque/airflow model tables, so sometimes you can get undesirable effects running different brand ECU vs DSG tune. I had to run EQT DSG tune on stock ECU tune for a short time, it would rev really high, even in D mode and other weird behavior.

Might work just fine, but probably not quite as the DSG tuner intended. I think for best results, get EQT DSG tune, but I can understand not wanting to have to pay for Cobb DSG license + DSG tune again.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
ECU and DSG tunes are made hand in hand. Part throttle shift points and general drivability depend on the ECU side programmed accel pedal, load/torque/airflow model tables, so sometimes you can get undesirable effects running different brand ECU vs DSG tune. I had to run EQT DSG tune on stock ECU tune for a short time, it would rev really high, even in D mode and other weird behavior.

Might work just fine, but probably not quite as the DSG tuner intended. I think for best results, get EQT DSG tune, but I can understand not wanting to have to pay for Cobb DSG license + DSG tune again.

I ran an EQT ECU tune and Stratified DSG tune without any problems. But the EQT DSG tune in Sport mode is perfect for aggressive driving.

Rare Ara S3

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Audi S3, GTI

Once I thought about the fact that I was changing a turbo I realized I was being a moron. Id say youre spot on with your comment. Just took advantage of the boost weather sale and bought everything :sick:

Dubstro

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 2dr GTI 6MT
Once I thought about the fact that I was changing a turbo I realized I was being a moron. Id say youre spot on with your comment. Just took advantage of the boost weather sale and bought everything :sick:

Did you order the customized TCU?

Rare Ara S3

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Audi S3, GTI
Did you order the customized TCU?
Well that was my intention. I just reviewed my order and I think I chose the AP bundle without DSG support but then I ordered the base map. It was 0430 and I hadn’t had my first cup of coffee yet. I reached out to them. Hopefully they can adjust my order.

JUMB3E

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2018 Golf R 6MT
I don't use any of the cobb features with the tune and stick with the OEM controls. The 91 tune is great and has served me well up until my new vortex goes in with a custom eqt tune.

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
Hey guys,

The EQT Boost Weather Sale is Live!
- FREE ECU Staged Tune with purchase of a Cobb AccessPort!

- FREE TCU Staged Tune with purchase of AP DSG Flashing!

- 15% Discount on all EQT Products (Turbos, Coilovers, etc)!

- 15% Discount on all Staged and Custom Tuning!

- FREE Swag Packs based on order total!
Please note we have already received a record number orders. We are expecting to be back ordered on most items very soon, so please order with that in mind and have some patience for the EQT Team through this sale! Thank you all for the continued support.

http://www.eqtuning.com/

Enjoy!

123466211_10164371406980634_5940861248428372724_o.jpg