GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Engine Mount -- Is It Done?

black forest ind

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
All of them
Does anyone know if BFI transmission inserts work on 034 trans mounts?

Do you have a picture of your stock transmission mount?

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
How's the stage 1 vibrations? I daily drive the car so I don't want the noise or vibrations to be too significant. Of course this is a subjective question.

If a Mustang has a Mustang rumble when inside, with BFI mounts you will have a GTI or R rumble. I noticed it. Adds to the sporty feel but if NVH of any type drives you nuts, suggest you stay OE. Not super bad as my Wife has not commented on it. Hope that helps in decision.
BFI's are well made.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
I'll be ordering a BFI stage 1 motor mount and a stage 1 trans mount insert. I have two trans mounts -- oem and 034. I practiced taking the oem apart last night, will be putting the insert inside the 034 mount. For all those interested, BFI is giving us a discount. PM them for the code.

launchd

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2023 M3LR, 2021 A7
I want a rebate.

:D

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I'll be ordering a BFI stage 1 motor mount and a stage 1 trans mount insert. I have two trans mounts -- oem and 034. I practiced taking the oem apart last night, will be putting the insert inside the 034 mount. For all those interested, BFI is giving us a discount. PM them for the code.

I would highly recommend putting the insert in the OEM mount, thus taking the poor 034 quality completely out of the equation

ChronicSPD

Ready to race!
Turns out, after reading this thread, mine failed in the exact same way. Very disappointing, as they were nice from a price/performance/comfort standpoint. I get plenty of vibrations from the 034 spherical dogbone, so I'm guessing (hoping) I won't notice much from swapping to BFI. Has anybody had issues with the 034 trans mount so far?

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Turns out, after reading this thread, mine failed in the exact same way. Very disappointing, as they were nice from a price/performance/comfort standpoint. I get plenty of vibrations from the 034 spherical dogbone, so I'm guessing (hoping) I won't notice much from swapping to BFI. Has anybody had issues with the 034 trans mount so far?
No issues with the trans mount except that one of the holes for the battery tray did not line up, so i couldn't insert the bolt.