GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Engine Mount -- Is It Done?

Ridebjj

Autocross Champion
I know ECS has had a bad rep at times but I've ordered from them many times, including the Density Line MQB Engine/Transmission Mounts which I've been using along with the full HPA dogbone.

The combo is awesome, and no increase in NVH at all except at idle with the AC on. Completely acceptable trade off.

krisprz

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 Golf R 6spd
I ordered the 034 trans and engine mount awhile and going to have them installed once I take my R to get tuned and install downpipe, intercooler, and upgraded clutch. I should have just gone with BFI. [emoji17]

Guess i’ll wait until the engine mount gives out and go with BFI. Hope the trans mount will be fine at least.

launchd

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2023 M3LR, 2021 A7
I know ECS has had a bad rep at times but I've ordered from them many times, including the Density Line MQB Engine/Transmission Mounts which I've been using along with the full HPA dogbone.

The combo is awesome, and no increase in NVH at all except at idle with the AC on. Completely acceptable trade off.

If you upgraded your stock mounts and don't experience any NVH, you should really question what these "upgraded" mounts are doing for you. NVH is expected with performance mounts, level of severity is the only variable.

I ordered the 034 trans and engine mount awhile and going to have them installed once I take my R to get tuned and install downpipe, intercooler, and upgraded clutch. I should have just gone with BFI. [emoji17]

Guess i’ll wait until the engine mount gives out and go with BFI. Hope the trans mount will be fine at least.

See if you can return them/exchange them.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Question: i assume the two washers included with the motor mount are for the two bolts that go into the engine support bracket?

Last edited:

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
They are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
They are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The BFI trans mount insert (stage 1) i got is slightly taller than the OEM insert (about 2mm). Is that fine? I had to use more force to clamp the two trans mount housing halves together, obviously, but upon completion it feels solid with less rubber movement than with the OEM insert.

Ridebjj

Autocross Champion
If you upgraded your stock mounts and don't experience any NVH, you should really question what these "upgraded" mounts are doing for you. NVH is expected with performance mounts, level of severity is the only variable.

I specifically said I did experience an increase. At idle low rpm, with ac on.

I also experienced a better feel over stock when driving.

So I'll just file your comments under "blah blah.. I like the sound of my own voice"

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI

So I'll just file your comments under "blah blah.. I like the sound of my own voice"
Interestingly, BFI did not add vibrations at idle for me, and smoothed out the initial vibration when starting from a stop my GTI developed due to the upper 034 insert.

greens

Ready to race!
Still on the fence with regards to ordering Stage 1 or 2 BFI mounts.

Feedback seems to be all over the place. Some say perfectly fine others say atrocious. Leaning towards Stage 2 but hard to roll the dice on this.

launchd

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2023 M3LR, 2021 A7

Although I do like the sound of my own ... typing ... NVH only when AC is on at idle is questionable with an engine mount, transmission mount and whatever you mean by "HPA full dogbone" (I assume the HPA puck)

Hoon

Autocross Champion

Feedback seems to be all over the place. Some say perfectly fine others say atrocious. Leaning towards Stage 2 but hard to roll the dice on this.

Stage 1.

Had stage 2 it was awful, actually hated driving the car because of the NVH. Had to buy the stage 1 inserts and swap them.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI

What does BFI say? Say you order stage 2, find it to be too rough. Can you pull the inserts and send them back, and get stage 1 inserts instead?

I can say for sure that stage 1 is perfect for a DD. Yes, i've become more accustomed to the sportier feel of my car with all the suspension mods and the dogbone inserts, but i still think stage 1 is just perfect. Can't say anything about 2, but Hoon above provides a convincing argument against them.